X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goc132
    replied
    Conditions

I would have to say that I am not surprised McKee is in good shape,is the CoS not based there or at least the GOC.
    Then again everything inside the pale will be in top class condition as the Dail is too close for comfort

Leave a comment:

• Thorpe
    Sergeant Major

• Thorpe
    replied
    They left it go right down and its got worse scence that photo

Leave a comment:

• Shnig
    Guest replied
    no Trellheim Im sure they left it in ruin when they no longer needed it

Leave a comment:

• Bailer
    replied
    As Someone who's been trained in McKee yes it is a Nice Barracks, it has been given a major makeover in recent years since Clancy and Collins Closed and their Units moved to McKee you should have seen it before!! and No it wasn't designed for the Peshwar!

Mckee has DFHQ elements the Equitation school. etc etc. So its Kept in Good Nick.
    The Old Married Quarters (now mostly RDF HQ's and Stores) are Currently undergoing renovations aswell so McKee's Training Rooms will be more numerous (anyone from 7bn 7FAR 11s&t 11coe will understand that)

Leave a comment:

• Bravo20
    Commander in Chief

• Bravo20
    replied
    LOL:D

Leave a comment:

• trellheim
    Lord Chief Bottlewasher

• trellheim
    replied
    The British ?

Leave a comment:

• Shnig
    Guest replied
    Well speaking of barracks's I spent a day in makee (i think thats what it was called) barracks in Dublin during my stint at With the Special Olympics and I have to give credit where credit is due. It was a butiful barracks that was in perfect condition and obviously very well mantained. I take my hats off to those who made that barracks what it is.

Leave a comment:

• Big Al
    Ex-bagger

• Big Al
    replied

Leave a comment:

• yooklid
    6-40509-04014-7

• yooklid
    replied
    Anyone have any pictures?

Leave a comment:

• andy
    4 Star General

• andy
    replied
    Yeah we (8th Batt) were down there a few years ago for our camp and the general consensus was to never go back. Tralee…. a proper shit hole if I ever saw one.

From what I can recall, the place was falling apart back then, grass growing every where, all over the perimeter walls, all over the buildings, food appalling, the female's had numerous complaints and had to contact RDFRA. The buildings were all dilapidated. Really terrible morale sapping conditions.

The place is seriously dated, I was surprised to read that the army was still using that dive, (perhaps it was an ideal place for P.N.C.O’s??)

My thoughts on the matter are that it should be sold straight away or at least ban all personnel from serving there, for health and safety purposes alone.

Leave a comment:

• Thorpe
    Sergeant Major

• Thorpe
    replied
    If working conditions were like that where I work, we would be shud down and that is a fact. I have contacted the revealed authorities and it will be going further I can asure you of that

Leave a comment:

• Big Al
    Ex-bagger

• Big Al
    replied
    Originally posted by Shnig
    well big al im sure after 2 weeks in the df u knew what you were in fo so why give up now?
    Maturity

if i treated my employee's the way the df treats us i would be in liquidation in a week

Leave a comment:

• Shnig
    Guest replied
    well big al im sure after 2 weeks in the df u knew what you were in fo so why give up now?

Leave a comment:

• trellheim
    Lord Chief Bottlewasher

• trellheim
    replied
    Stranger to think how far times have come.

Leave a comment:

• Big Al
    Ex-bagger

• Big Al
    replied
    Contact RDFRA, it is appauling that these conditions are tolerated and the unit in charge of the PNCO course should be brought to account over this.

There are no excuses for this type of situation although its the typical DF attitude "their only sandbags". we give our free time to do this, a PDF member wouldnt put up with it for long, i'm not saying that they should BTW.

If the DF cannot provide us with the equipment and conditions to do the job correctly then the job is not worth doing.

Personally i'm sick of the poor mouth attitude of and to the RDF and I am seriously considering jacking the whole thing in.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X