lighter light machine gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lighter light machine gun

Looks like an FN MAg crossed with a Minimi. More info. at http://www.gotavapen.se/gota/artikla...sp58/ksp58.htm

Was this yoke not discussed before?
    "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

What is the point in that modification?? a shorter barrel, a uglier weapon...all for 0.6kg difference! FN already make a grown up version of the minimi in 7.62.
      Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
        What is the point in that modification?? a shorter barrel, a uglier weapon...all for 0.6kg difference! FN already make a grown up version of the minimi in 7.62.
        Maybe they want the 7.62 stopping power from a weapon thats easier to deploy from an IFV or for para's??????? (and I dont mean RDF'ers that did the dutch course)
        Woo Hoo, finally moderated!!!!! In that select band of people who speak their mind instead of being sheep!

Comment

Originally posted by spudula View Post
          Maybe they want the 7.62 stopping power from a weapon thats easier to deploy from an IFV or for para's??????? (and I dont mean RDF'ers that did the dutch course)

But a similar weapon is already in production. Why bother re-inventing the wheel?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by spudula View Post
            That what the Mk48..the 7.62 version of the minimi is. http://world.guns.ru/machine/mg38-e.htm

I suppose it would be cheaper upgrading existing GPMG's to that version than buying Mk 48's.
            Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

It was just a thought lads.

Im not a techno geek so I dont know about different MK's or types of gun.
              Woo Hoo, finally moderated!!!!! In that select band of people who speak their mind instead of being sheep!

Comment

Maybe its just cheaper to modify a weapon that you have thousands of in stock?

Comment

Originally posted by fiannoglach View Post
                  Maybe its just cheaper to modify a weapon that you have thousands of in stock?
                  It's not even all that much of a modification - there's a new stock, the barrel is shorter (not always a good thing), and there are some Picatinny rails (which newer GPMGs already have one of), but the weight saving is pretty tiny (about the weight of a 500ml bottle of coke).

Oh, and incase you didn't notice, there is no frontsight, and the backsight is unusable due to the rail. So if your nice gucci optical sight stops working or gets smashed, you're pretty screwed.

I like the improved gas regulator though, not as many small parts to lose.

Comment

Would it be handier if you were jumping in and out of a Mowag?

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                      Oh, and incase you didn't notice, there is no frontsight, and the backsight is unusable due to the rail. So if your nice gucci optical sight stops working or gets smashed, you're pretty screwed.
                      I might be wrong, but I think I can see a fold-down foresight on the barrel of this one:

If it is a foresight, there must be some way of removing the rail & using the iron sights.
                      "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Working...
                      X