• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    FMolloy
    King Monkey

• FMolloy
    replied
    Originally posted by Barry View Post
    Oh, and incase you didn't notice, there is no frontsight, and the backsight is unusable due to the rail. So if your nice gucci optical sight stops working or gets smashed, you're pretty screwed.
    I might be wrong, but I think I can see a fold-down foresight on the barrel of this one:

If it is a foresight, there must be some way of removing the rail & using the iron sights.

Leave a comment:

• easyrider
    Commandant

• easyrider
    replied
    Would it be handier if you were jumping in and out of a Mowag?

Leave a comment:

• Barry
    Lt General

• Barry
    replied
    Originally posted by fiannoglach View Post
    Maybe its just cheaper to modify a weapon that you have thousands of in stock?
    It's not even all that much of a modification - there's a new stock, the barrel is shorter (not always a good thing), and there are some Picatinny rails (which newer GPMGs already have one of), but the weight saving is pretty tiny (about the weight of a 500ml bottle of coke).

Oh, and incase you didn't notice, there is no frontsight, and the backsight is unusable due to the rail. So if your nice gucci optical sight stops working or gets smashed, you're pretty screwed.

I like the improved gas regulator though, not as many small parts to lose.

Leave a comment:

• fiannoglach
    CQMS

• fiannoglach
    replied
    Maybe its just cheaper to modify a weapon that you have thousands of in stock?

Leave a comment:

• spudula
    Moderated

• spudula
    replied
    It was just a thought lads.

Im not a techno geek so I dont know about different MK's or types of gun.

Leave a comment:

• The real Jack
    Non Temetis Messor

• The real Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by spudula View Post
    Maybe they want the 7.62 stopping power from a weapon thats easier to deploy from an IFV or for para's??????? (and I dont mean RDF'ers that did the dutch course)
    That what the Mk48..the 7.62 version of the minimi is. http://world.guns.ru/machine/mg38-e.htm

I suppose it would be cheaper upgrading existing GPMG's to that version than buying Mk 48's.

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    Tim Horgan

• Goldie fish
    replied
    Originally posted by spudula View Post
    Maybe they want the 7.62 stopping power from a weapon thats easier to deploy from an IFV or for para's??????? (and I dont mean RDF'ers that did the dutch course)

But a similar weapon is already in production. Why bother re-inventing the wheel?

Leave a comment:

• spudula
    Moderated

• spudula
    replied
    Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
    What is the point in that modification?? a shorter barrel, a uglier weapon...all for 0.6kg difference! FN already make a grown up version of the minimi in 7.62.

Leave a comment:

• The real Jack
    Non Temetis Messor

• The real Jack
    replied
    What is the point in that modification?? a shorter barrel, a uglier weapon...all for 0.6kg difference! FN already make a grown up version of the minimi in 7.62.

Leave a comment:

• FMolloy
    King Monkey

• FMolloy
    replied
    Was this yoke not discussed before?

Leave a comment:

• easyrider
    Commandant

• easyrider
    started a topic lighter light machine gun

lighter light machine gun

Looks like an FN MAg crossed with a Minimi. More info. at http://www.gotavapen.se/gota/artikla...sp58/ksp58.htm
Working...
X