X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The real Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by ARNGScout View Post
    That is a strange approach seeing how it is geared towards UN ops you would think that anyone involved in UN missions would be eligible. There seems little or no logic to that decision.
    I dont think its true, last time I was on an Ex there was one US army officer(colonel I think). There's no reason to ban them...and I doubt Irish snipers would be going over so regularly to the usa for competitions if it was true.

Leave a comment:

• ARNGScout
    replied
    That is a strange approach seeing how it is geared towards UN ops you would think that anyone involved in UN missions would be eligible. There seems little or no logic to that decision.

Leave a comment:

• Truck Driver
    replied
    Originally posted by FMolloy View Post
    That must be new, I met a US officer down the Glen on a UNTSI course some years ago.
    Originally posted by spudula View Post
    Must be.

I saw them a few years ago too.

But they told us wat countries they didnt take but didnt say why.
    I didn't realise there was a bar on US military attending UNTSI either

Leave a comment:

• spudula
    replied
    Originally posted by FMolloy View Post
    That must be new, I met a US officer down the Glen on a UNTSI course some years ago.
    Must be.

I saw them a few years ago too.

But they told us wat countries they didnt take but didnt say why.

Leave a comment:

• FMolloy
    replied
    Originally posted by spudula View Post
    One thing they did mention though is that they have a list of countries that they dont take students from for various reasons and the good ole USandA is one of them.

Leave a comment:

• fred the red
    replied
    Good craic alright in fentons at the peace talks.

Leave a comment:

• spudula
    replied
    Ive work with the UNTSI school twice recently and its great crack.

One thing they did mention though is that they have a list of countries that they dont take students from for various reasons and the good ole USandA is one of them.

They wouldnt say why but there you go.

All the students we worked with were from captain and equivalent up.

Leave a comment:

• California Tanker
    replied
    I don't know. That's why I'm looking to find out more specifically what they involve!

We have a few dollars lying around to send lads on hooah courses, but if they can be interesting and practical, so much the better. Probably for the level of squad leader, platoon sergeant, or company grade officer, which, I guess, would indicate the IMPC if you're looking for Majors and above for IMOSOC.

NTM

Leave a comment:

• California Tanker
    started a topic UNTSI Curriculum.

UNTSI Curriculum.

Doing a little factfinding.

School me on the UNTSI course, please, how long is it, is the focus on troopers, NCOs or officers, what sort of topics are covered, that sort of thing.

NTM
Working...
X