Central film library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central film library

Has anyone contacted these lads and gotten videos?

What are they like? I've never seen them.

And are they worth it to show to recruits before, during or after a lesson?
    It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Originally posted by Bam Bam View Post
    Has anyone contacted these lads and gotten videos?

What are they like? I've never seen them.

And are they worth it to show to recruits before, during or after a lesson?
    Based in the Curragh. 99% of the videos are British Army training videos.... very good. There are the small handful of Irish Army videos as well but nowhere near as good as the Brit ones.

Well worth showing ..... But they will not give them out to Reservists. It is an ongoing thing with RDFRA but Army are not budging on it.

But they do allow you in and you can view the videos on the Libraries video players.

Comment

"Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

whats that then
        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
        Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Bring laptop to library with one of those, plug laptop into VCR; hurray, now you have the videos on your laptop. the aerial connection goes in one end.

Comment

I'm sure the staff in the curragh would love that.
            It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

they're not worried, why would they be ? you're not stealing the tapes and you're a DF member.

Comment

Hve you done it before?

Comment

they're not worried, why would they be ? you're not stealing the tapes and you're a DF member.
                  I suppose its a it like photocopying or scanning manuals - completely illegal, but arguably necessary.
                  "Why, it appears that we appointed all of our worst generals to command the armies and we appointed all of our best generals to edit the newspapers. I mean, I found by reading a newspaper that these editor generals saw all of the defects plainly from the start but didn't tell me until it was too late. I'm willing to yield my place to these best generals and I'll do my best for the cause by editing a newspaper"
                  Gen. Robert E. Lee

Comment

why illegal ? they're training vids.

Comment

I would assume like certain training materials here they could be classified.
                      There may be only one time in your life when your country will call upon you and you will be the only one who can do the nasty job that has to be done -- do it or forever after there will be the taste of ashes in your mouth.

Comment

Hi there
                        if they are British Army videos, then they might already be in public circulation in the UK.Is there a Crown or MoD copyright office that would have information about them? It might be easier to make a direct approach to the UK than thru the DF here.
                        regards
                        GttC

Comment

The British Videos are marked RESTRICTED, same as the Irish ones. I assume there is some agreement between the British and the Irish.

Comment

Working...
                          X