No announcement yet.

RTE : Exercise Slaney, 02/03/08 Army reserves train in Co Wicklow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ye bollixes whoever messed my jackes and Showers that is.

The thursday before that Exercise I had spent the Best part of 2 hours cleaning the toilets and showers. And then ye come along and I hear this.

Well, I never.
    I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

• I remember myself and another IMO member had a great battle with some Military police when we suggested they might like to do some cleaning around camp before everyone left. After all everyone else was involved in the cleanup, regardless of their rank or unit.

They are still crying about it I'm sure. They didn't move until they were "encouraged" to do so by the Camp Commandant and the Sgt Major...

These menial tasks must still be done. It should be done by those who are not involved in any other duties. In the scheme of things it would automatically fall to the "S" part of S&T, who theoretically would be resonsible for stores in a facility, including soap,mops, detergent and toilet paper.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
        These menial tasks must still be done. It should be done by those who are not involved in any other duties.
        Agreed. These tasks can be a pain, but still get done. For example, after last year's
        second APWT for Corps units of E Bde, our lot were tasked with handing over the
        camp (i.e; cleaning billets, dining hall, kitchen, etc.)

In the scheme of things it would automatically fall to the "S" part of S&T, who theoretically would be resonsible for stores in a facility, including soap,mops, detergent and toilet paper.
        We haven't been S & T for a few years now, Goldie. We are part of the T & VM Corps
        now ! (Transport and Vehicle Maintenance Corps).
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• I'm sure somewhere in the logs Bn makeup, there is still a sub unit whose responsibility is "supply".

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
            We haven't been S & T for a few years now, Goldie. We are part of the T & VM Corps
            now ! (Transport and Vehicle Maintenance Corps).
            Really??

Is that why the the full name of the unit is Tpt Coy XX RLSB ? (Sub unit number for XX)

either way cleaning up is definitly part of logistical support. I don't think any one has any beef with being tasked with any cleaning duties. But care always needs to be taken, especially with young lads, that they know that they are part of a bigger picture.
            Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

• Well the gentleman who handed out those sweeper details is a poster on this forum [ he hasn't posted as yet in this thread though ] so he does know you are there.

Also, the NCO getting the dart should know enough about motivating troops to let them know it's not all sunshine and roses.
              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                I'm sure somewhere in the logs Bn makeup, there is still a sub unit whose responsibility is "supply".
                Camp Staff, RLSB

Comment

• Originally posted by luchi View Post
                  Really??

Is that why the the full name of the unit is Tpt Coy XX RLSB ? (Sub unit number for XX)...
                  Check out the titles on the top of any of the newer TI's, etc, relating to the Corps...
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                    Camp Staff, RLSB
                    Thanks Dev, you beat me to it

Comment

• Originally posted by Muzzle View Post

2 things stand out from that. No one has the balls to stand up to the PDF making the RDF scrub the camp alot harder then the PDF ever have to. All the units were NOT made responsible for the state of their billets after pulling out.
                      I agree, thats one thing that really gets my back up, they seem to think of the RDF as contract cleaners, leave things in rag order then get the RDF to fix it up when we arrive, be it billets (anyone remembers the recent incident on the NATO T ex with GPMGs being given over to us in a near U/S state and expected to have them back glistening) or anything else!
                      "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

• whats RSLB
                        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                        Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• Think LSB with Reserve on the front.
                          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                            whats RSLB
                            It's RLSB.

Reserve Logs Support Battalion
                            Dunno why people feel the need to insert the word Reserve into the unit titles, as in
                            XX Reserve Inf Bn

Each unit has a unique number identifying it, e.g; 1, 2, 4, 31, 62, 54 Arty Regts.
                            The latter three are Reserve units...

Comment

• ahh I see

thanks TD
                              Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                              Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                              The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                              The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                              The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                              Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                                ahh I see

thanks TD
                                Glad to have been of service ...

Comment

Working...
                                X