No announcement yet.

recognise your corp in DPM's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jock, I think goc132 is referring to the fact that different units have different cap badges.

Comment

BA cap Badges (the Army not the Airline)

Yep Different Regiments have different Cap Badges, they're not different Corps Badges!!

Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

The British Army have cap badges on their caps not coller badges. I think each corps/ regt should have their own cap badge on their beret and stable belt - this belt has the corps colours on it, it is usually fastened by a buckle in the shape of the corps /regt badge- worn with dpm trousers in the barracks green belts can be worn on exercise. Subdued flashs worn on dpm shirt jacket and coloured badges on best uniform

Comment

earhart, nobody was allowed to wear anything on their Uniform at the special olympics you must have missed the briefings, by the way did I meet you, what venue were you at?
          it will be long, it will be hard, and there will be no withdrawl
          Winston churchill

Comment

Beenthere - I was in HQ and I think you'll find that the person who gave that briefing was the person who gave me the badge!!!!!!!
            If you were staying in bks, you probably met me.
            I don't believe in love - just friendship + sex

Comment

It was all part of the AD hegemony...
              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

I think flashs on the DPM`s are a very bad Idea (enough said) people with no berets on there heads is a big no no in our unit if any officer or NCO (my self included here) had seen any person without a beret when they are ment to be wearing god help them
                Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
                http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

hey kermit ......conform to the norm,,,wear your Glengarry
                  Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Bleedin' Party Hats:D :o
                    Live long and prosper!

Comment

Subdued flashes on DPM is a means of identification in the field. If you wore coloured flashes on your DPM the enemy would identify you and your unit. Flashes are a means of identification the Irish Dedence Forces all wear the same cap badge do they not, if you put an infantry man next to a sapper or a gunner how would you know which one was which- without asking them-. The subdued flash is usually worn on hard hat operations ie Bosnia Kosovo etc. The same goes for rank, all ranks markings are or should be subdued on the DPM uniform again for the same reason the enemy sniper could have you in his sights.

Comment

I reckon to have control of the troops under your control we need sub dued flashes on the DPM's

Comment

Think the subdued flashes would be a bad idea, just my personal opinion.
                          Although I can recall one of the Coys in 20 Inf Bn had subdued Coy insignia
                          (D Coy, I think)

As for whoever came up with the idea of putting the nice aiming mark on the
                          left shoulder of the newer style DPMs (the tricolour)... Don't get me started. it just deeats the purpose of DPM if shiny flashes are stitched on the uniform.

Don't get me wrong, for UN missions, fine, but for domestic use, no.
                          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Yeah....tell that to any poor slob who may be on a foot patrol in a border area where it is a pretty good idea to be easily recognized as being an Irish soldier at times!!

Comment

Although I can recall one of the Coys in 20 Inf Bn had subdued Coy insignia
                              All companies in the 20th, apart from B Coy (maybe) , have had subdued company flashes. There may be subdued B Coy flashes but I have not seen any.
                              "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

I don't think B Coy ever produced a subdued flash, at least I never had one.

Comment

Working...
                                X