• Show
Clear All

• Herr Klutz
    Guest replied
    lol...

Leave a comment:

• goc132
    replied
    Not much point in putting unit flashes or rank markings on helmets the flashes will be worn out before we get the helmets!:flagwave:

Leave a comment:

• Herr Klutz
    Guest replied
    unit flashes would be a good idea...also use the US system and have them on helmets for easy recognition of who's who.

Leave a comment:

• hptmurphy
    Commander in Chief

• hptmurphy
    replied
    why not put the unit ID on the rank slider in subdued form as per the brits.Unit is very important but only to the members of that particular unit.

In saying that judging by the turn out of some RDF personnel I have encountered recently they don't give a shite a bout their personal appearance so it might be well enough left alone than bring the reputation of the whole unit down.Uniform dress codes and even the simpler things like the polishing of boots seem to totally forgotten about since the introduction of the DPM uniform.Recently in Kilworth I observed a guy on parade with a polo type shirt under his DPM shirt....complete with collar and buttons....and sleves that protruded below the DPM shirt......and black civvy shoes.......Christ!

While on the subject when have blonde highlights become standard requirement for females and even some males....something about changing appearance!

God be with the Days when you had to have written permission from the GOC to grow a moustache.........earings will be mandatory next I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• Bailer
    replied
    See how The Yanks Do it.....

http://www.fbodaily.com/archive/2002...O-00177266.htm

Leave a comment:

• Bailer
    replied
    I've always Said That Flashes should have been kept on the DPM's. All over the World Every Army has Subdued Flashes at least. Even in KFOR the Irish Soldiers Will have a Big Blue and White KFOR and Ireland Badge on their DPM's. Removing the Unit Badges from the Uniform causes the Unit to lose its Identity somewhat and its Esprit De Corps suffers aswell.

Leave a comment:

• ICUN
    We got VC on the wire

• ICUN
    replied
    Oh, I see.....I thought you were on about subdued flashes on your DPMs! (which would be a good idea, but only if everyone had them)

Leave a comment:

• klick
    replied
    ICUN & beenthere: Has it occurred to you that we've been talking about our No.1 tunics ?:D

Leave a comment:

• Bravo20
    Commander in Chief

• Bravo20
    replied
    They are actually talking about their flashes secretly sewn into the lining. Those die hards

Leave a comment:

• ICUN
    We got VC on the wire

• ICUN
    replied
    There shouldn't be any flashes on a uniform unless they are offically part of the uniform.....otherwise it isn't a uniform. Uniform means everything is the same.

Leave a comment:

• beenthere
    replied
    can someone get there hands on the wearing instructions for the DPM and publish same before this gets out of hand. God, we waited long enought for a decent uniform, now there are people who want to put unauthorized badges on it

Leave a comment:

• trellheim
    Lord Chief Bottlewasher

• trellheim
    replied
    There's no fanatic llike a converted fanatic.

Leave a comment:

• klick
    replied
    Trellheim: the memory of the 44th Rifle Battalion (LDF) will stay on my tunic as long as I'm around!

Leave a comment:

• trellheim
    Lord Chief Bottlewasher

• trellheim
    replied
    "3 Castles and the Truth" - the B Company story... (with apologies to U2) :p

Leave a comment:

• Thorpe
    Sergeant Major

• Thorpe
    replied
    The idea of different berets is a good idea but a non starter due to cut backs

Leave a comment:

Working...
X