No announcement yet.

WWII Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StGW44 and Mini-14 have no common history whatsoever.

The Mini-14 is basically a carbine version of the M1Garand/M14 rifle in 223Rem or 7.62x39 calibre.

The AK47 took the general SturmGewehr concept, but Mikhail Kalashnikov came up with an original rifle design.

The Germans made fairly extensive use of the StGw44
    in late 1944 and 1945. The East Germans and Yugoslavs among others used surplus ones afterwards, so there were plenty to go around.

Maybe some of the confusion comes from the fact that the company tht makes the Mini-14 is called Sturm Ruger Inc.

Comment

Yup, I've definately seen footage of Germans using StGW44's in action against the Russians.
      It was also my understanding that around 500,000 STG44's were built, not sure where I read it,... but it might have been something on the fall of Berlin.

Comment

Hail Bailer, King of the Anoraks :D

NOTE TO SELF:
        For Gods sake don't mention the fact that you collect Star Trek video's, games, uniforms etc. :D

Comment

Stand Fast - Really I used to have a friend who was a Trekkie and had star trek uniforms and all that. He's Gay though but I'm sure its nothing to do with Ster Trek

Yes you're right I'm an anorak I actually spent all afternoon reading about how all the stuff MacGyver did is actually possible and was tested by the Production managers of the show before being done on screen also MacGyver was Cancelled because it was seen as too Pro Liberal i.e. Anti GUN / Pro Enviromental (Anti Nuclear - oil) Pro Hydro + solar / Youth Centre's / Anti Drugs etc!!!!
          Last edited by Bailer; 15 January 2003, 17:34.
          Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

Are you saying this just to boost your status on the board?:D

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

gay star trek fan!!!!

NOW theres a man who can show you a REAL picard manouvre!!!!!

I hope your not trekkie bashing!!!

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!!!!
              Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

Dear Bailer,

With reference to your above post, I quote "Stand Fast - Really I used to have a friend who was a Trekkie and had star trek uniforms and all that. He's Gay though but I'm sure its nothing to do with Star Trek" all I have to say to you is... BITCH (I challenge you to a duel, handbags at 50 paces)

NOW theres a man who can show you a REAL picard manouvre!!!!!
                Thank you TIM but I prefer the Kirk outlook on life, if it’s female and its alive SHAG IT

Comment

Stg 44 is the fore bearer of all automatic rifles although it was officislly classified byt the third Reich as a submachine gun7.92 in callbre it used the 'kurz ' or short round.While itb is is adopted as the predessecor of the AK range it is actually closer to the HK range operating off the closed bolt theory with rifle calibre ammo.
                  Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Working...
                  X