state funeral for Hillary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• state funeral for Hillary

I just saw the news footage of the funeral today and while I know its not the lads themselves faults, can nothing else be done about the guys wearing peltors when firing over the grave??

Have the powers that be ANY idea how stupid it makes the people that have to do it look????

Whats wrong with wearing earplugs????????
    Woo Hoo, finally moderated!!!!! In that select band of people who speak their mind instead of being sheep!

Sure they are only blank rounds and fired for a short time, is there a need for hearing protection at all?
    It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

We did a firing party for a deceased member a while back and the lads just wore the plugs.

Looked a lot better then they did today (I know its not their fault).
      Woo Hoo, finally moderated!!!!! In that select band of people who speak their mind instead of being sheep!

Comment

I watched the funeral there online. The only Peak caps I saw were MPs, Officers, Cadets and Gardai.

The Ear Muffs used in Ceremonial are a bit silly. At least the Officer didnt have to wear them. What about those standing nearby? Was there an NDA?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

I admit, I sniggered at how bad the peltors looked. Surely to god they could have worn inners!
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
          Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
          Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
          Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Comment

I seem to remember at the re-burial of the old IRA men a few years ago that they had to wear white ones, which really stood out.
            You will never have a quiet world until you knock the patriotism out of the human race

Comment

state funeral for Hillary

did anyone see the state funeral today? how did it go. caught a bit on TV and the one disappointing thing was the big ass Peltors being used in the gun salute. i mean surely to god it wouldnt damage the hearing that bad. or have they never heard of Inners!!!!!!
              looked awful
              I am free of all prejudices. I hate every one equally.

Comment

I just saw the news footage of the funeral today and while I know its not the lads themselves faults, can nothing else be done about the guys wearing peltors when firing over the grave??
                You have got to be joking.

NTM
                Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

It looked absolutely awful. And surely if they were going to have hearing protection everyone in the NDA should have had it aswell. And also check what hearing level the mourners are so as to determine whether single or double hearing protection was required.
                  "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

didn't see. link anyone?
                    Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
                    Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
                    do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

Is single hearing protection not enough when firing pyro.

I could be wrong but thats what i thaught.
                      Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something.sigpic

Comment

I've done more funeral details than I can count, with 7.62mm blanks, it's not that freaking loud.

NTM
                        Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

Originally posted by fred the red View Post
                          Is single hearing protection not enough when firing pyro.

I could be wrong but thats what i thaught.
                          AFAIK Regs state (I am pretty sure this is not opsec but if the mods arent sure then remove please.) That if you are H1 hearing then only single is needed. Any lower and you must wear double.
                          (Unless you are RDF cos we are more sensitive apparently)

I can understand the use of hearing protection but Peltors? Thats just crazy.
                          I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

You will never have a quiet world until you knock the patriotism out of the human race

Comment

Well after the deafness claim, they will NOT be takin any chances.
                              Meh.

Comment

Working...
                              X