Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clothing Issues and Charges

Question...
    Scenario...CQ issues individuals from an RDF Unit with some clothing items thats not on RDF scale of issue and the individuals are wearing it on parade or on training. Their own CS doesn't have this item but notices that a few of the company are wearing it, but not all. The CS charges all the individuals that are wearing incorrect uniform. Is this a Lawful charge, that procedures should be followed through, although it has been issued from stores by a CQ on goodwill.
    The CS also could get the same item if only he didn't keep quoting regs to the CQ.
    Really my question is who's right and who's wrong. CS or CQ.

The CS, they shouldnt have been wearing them on parade everything else is a seperate issue. I've been there and had the issue with troops and told them when and wear the could where the items and when thecouldn't.

Comment

They are both wrong.CQ for issuing items to reservists that aren't on their scale of issue.C.S for charging lads when a simple"get that off and dont wear it on parade" would have done.After issuing that order if lads still continued to wear said items then they have disobeyed a lawfull order and can then be charged.
      Example.PDF soldier goes on parade wearing wetsuit jacket.Regs state that when wetsuit is worn it has to be worn complete.Also unless specified that all members on parade wear complete wetsuit he is now improperly dressed for parade as all others are wearing smocks.BSM collars him and tells him not to be seen going around bks in wetsuit jkt again.
      Soldier complies as he knows what good for him.No problem.
      Soldier says "feck him" and does his own thing.BSM tears him a new one.
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Isnt that scenario just typical RDF bullsh1t, i fell bad for the people who have to put up with this kind of carry on, which is pretty much everyone

Comment

The CS is spot on, depending on the charge. insubordination or 168 [ deliberate disobey of Unit SOPs ]

anything else could be a redress.

Ask for a copy of the charge sheet, you are entitled to it if you've been charged.

Oh and before we get the "Unit SOPs - what are they ? "

A7 Para 3

Officers will make themselves acquainted with Regulations and Orders. Ignorance of published Orders will not be admitted as an excuse for their non-observance. Men will be held personally responsible for making themselves acquainted with Orders published for their information
          Last edited by trellheim; 22 April 2008, 14:31.
          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Not everyone has to put up with it.

A little common sense goes a long way.
            Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something.sigpic

Comment

Oh and headzilla go to the PDF JAG or your Bn Comdr and ask for a count of the disciplinary cases in the RDF versus those in the PDF ... then come back

Comment

Trellheim i am sure it goes on in the PDF as well im not disputing that, i made a mistake singling it out as an RDF thing,

Comment

fair enough

Comment

Unless they were told to take the item of clothing off,(Warned previously) they shouldn't be charged. unless they were wearing it inappropriately, like Apod mentioned.

They should have at least got benefit of doubt.

Just out of interest what item was it?

Pm it to me if you wish..
                    Last edited by Craghopper; 22 April 2008, 15:04.

Comment

is it dpm raingear ? the new peaker ? the new patent boots ? Lt-Gen Rank Sliders ?

Comment

That scianrio, up to the point of charging, is so familiar.

When the items are seen the individuals are told to remove them. The individuals forget from time to time and the CS and one Officer in particular heve to remind them.

Usually the comment goes something like "only faggets wear that gear when not being paid to do so"................................I sometimes wonder if this is boarderline S7 but it does seem to work!!
                        Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

sorry, should have manage the item, 'green norweigan fleece' the unit was heading to the range.........some lads had them on under their smocks.

Comment

thanks kermit, can you give reg, were I can support that.

Comment

thanks kermit, just found scale of issue, yes, I think I can have a redress here,

Comment

Working...
                              X