Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greyfox
    replied
    they probably something else going on who knows who peed off the CS in the past ,,,,
    seems a silly charge on face of it .
    do all charges go through brigade legal officer ?

Leave a comment:

• ex pat 007
    replied
    Jeeeeeeeeeeesus. I thought it was bad over here

Leave a comment:

• luchi
    replied
    Well way back I was issued shoes but don't get much oppertunity to wear them. For Any dress parade the CS always specifies Boots 24B type to be worn. There is one female that is exempt. She got special girlie boots.

If a guy turns up in anything else he knows full well he is going to get an unplesant reminder. And no one has any sympathy.

Leave a comment:

• fred the red
    replied
    As far as scale of issue goes, I was issued the fleece, the norwegian, leather gloves and that hat/neck warmer back in 2002.
    To date nearly all the bods in my Bn have been issued either the fleece or the norwegian or both!

Didnt you do well id believe it if i seen it though.

On paper.

Leave a comment:

• Truck Driver
    replied
    Originally posted by piper_69 View Post
    As far as scale of issue goes, I was issued the fleece, the norwegian, leather gloves and that hat/neck warmer back in 2002.
    To date nearly all the bods in my Bn have been issued either the fleece or the norwegian or both!
    You've done well to get issued with a fleece. I bought a green Brit one ages ago and wear it under the
    jacket for those cold nights when outdoors. Job oxo...

Leave a comment:

• piper_69
    replied
    My two cents!
    As others have said before your CS seems like a total cnut. Talk about a jobsworth!
    Tou said you were issued with the Norwegian.

I have a few questions:
    Did you sign for it?
    Did you remove the Norwegian when ordered to do so?
    Was it a cold wet day?
    Did you become ill due to inadequate layers of clothing?
    Did you miss work due to illness caused by removing said item of clothing?

I hate to wish ill on you but I hope you were as sick as a dog.
    I would certainly use this as ammo against him if you are brought up on charges.

Remember that you are entitled to call any witnesses you wish to defend yourself and to have all documentation made available in order to allow you to defend yourself properly.

Leave a comment:

• koppiteal
    replied
    FFS What is wrong with that CS, my unit were on the range last weekend and were told its going to be cold so wrap up and if you havent got issue gear you can wear civvie fleeces under your smock. Also there used to be some issue with troops wearing norweigans outside shirrt but when they were told it has to be underneath the issue was solved. That is what i think the CS should of done

Leave a comment:

• O'Duffy
    replied
    Originally posted by techman1 View Post
    I can't go into too much detail folks as its a very live issue in the unit, I've given the basic outline all true facts, only 5 folks had the shirt on under their dpms with collar shoulding, the rest don't have them, sorry for calling it a 'fleece' its the one with the zip from chest to neck. I've taken all your points of views etc and hopefully they can help resolve the issue.
    Eh? Which Bde is it? (PM if you want) I remember getting a bollocking five years ago for wearing Norwegian under DPM but that was that; I never did it again! Twas a novelty when we were first issued them in late 02'. I can't believe some RDF still don't have norwegians:confused:

Leave a comment:

• fred the red
    replied
    I would be asking the question why dont the rest have them.

Leave a comment:

• techman1
    replied
    I can't go into too much detail folks as its a very live issue in the unit, I've given the basic outline all true facts, only 5 folks had the shirt on under their dpms with collar shoulding, the rest don't have them, sorry for calling it a 'fleece' its the one with the zip from chest to neck. I've taken all your points of views etc and hopefully they can help resolve the issue.

Leave a comment:

• Master Of None
    replied
    I think were all p*ssing into the wind on this case until the facts become known.
    First reaction is that a charge is a bit heavy handed, especially when it comes to items of clothing.
    But as i said this is all guess work...

Leave a comment:

• thedollar
    replied
    Only if the troops in question refused to take it off or cover up said norwegians/fleeces, with a DPM Outer Layer. But still a charge sounds like overkill........or sour grapes?

Leave a comment:

• Bravo20
    replied
    Before we start rounding on the CS, lets find out what really the issue was.

The guy said that some of the people were wearing it under their smocks, I asked the question does that mean that others wear wearing it as an outer garment. In which case the CS was perfectly right.

Leave a comment:

• womble
    replied
    dear cs in question, wtf drugs do you take so i can avoid them. please find said charge sheet firmly inserted in your bottom, the gates over there, don't let it hit you on the way out now kindly never come back.

what needs to happen here is

pdf cadre repeatedly loose's paperwork for charges
    rdf unit OC needs to remind the CS that he is a silly little man and there are certain things like leadership principals, clothing regulations if relevant and unit morale to consider.

Leave a comment:

• Traumagod
    replied
    Damn right. If you are a good nco/ossifer you will make sure your troops are ok.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X