• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Brigade Shooting

Falling plates was run off today.

Ist 32 inf bn
    2nd 31 Cav

Interesting final went to three runs and 32 bn were winners on the last plate by 1/20th of a second.

The final time was in or around 20 seconds.give or take a few 10ths of a second.

Well run competition, precise and fair

Rifle, GPMG and pistol are to be run tomorrow.

The mascot of the RAR was interesting to say the least if anybody should have the history behind it could be agood story.
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

I can give the History of both. (At least a Partial)

Bonesy. - A sheeps skull. was found two weeks ago at Kilworth Ranges and we decided he was a fantastic mascot as our shooting on that day was nothing less than fantastic. One of our number took him home and put him on a stick and he is now a permanent Mascot of ours for all shooting competitions.

Billy - A goats full head. Was killed by "The Captain with the Handlebar Moustasche" 20 Years ago while nearing nightfall so instead of cleaning up the Goat on the Mountain and risk injury on the way down the mountain in the Dark, the Captain (Then not a captain) decided to sling him over his back and in the process all the contents of the Goats Bladder....excreted!!!!! So 20 years later we decided to mount him on a pole and try to psyke out the Competition.

Congradulations to 32 Infantry and 31 Cav, Fantastic shooting.
    I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

The mascot's were er... interesting alright...

The competition itself was a little slow to get going but then again these things always are...
      Congrats to the 32 Inf and 31 Cav

Comment

Well done lads, power to the 32.
        Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

Cough!(22)

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

cough!(with 14th c coy i would guess) cough??
            Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
            Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
            do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

Its okay..the Brigade GOC deemed it fitting that any one who wants to play in the falling plates country wise has to go through so

just worked it out since conversion to the Steyr..3 cav have been winners or runners up at brigade level since 2000

and we have never competed against the same team in the all army as a result

from the can give the History of both. (At least a Partial)

Might have been outside the placings in 2 all armys but have been there and have qualified out of the brigades
              not bad..and as the Brigade commander said.. if you want to win.. you have to beat the cav..not a bad accolade given that two of the team today have kids older than the opposition memebers and the brigade commander commented on this.

ah well nice bloke but might have to work at the theory..too much time given to the goat...pysche out..llol that was done by turning up and war dances..twenty fags and a relaxed attitude wins.. everyday..

Bonesy. - A sheeps skull. was found two weeks ago at Kilworth Ranges and we decided he was a fantastic mascot as our shooting on that day was nothing less than fantastic. One of our number took him home and put him on a stick and he is now a permanent Mascot of ours for all shooting competitions.

Billy - A goats full head. Was killed by "The Captain with the Handlebar Moustasche" 20 Years ago while nearing nightfall so instead of cleaning up the Goat on the Mountain and risk injury on the way down the mountain in the Dark, the Captain (Then not a captain) decided to sling him over his back and in the process all the contents of the Goats Bladder....excreted!!!!! So 20 years later we decided to mount him on a pole and try to psyke out the Competition
              Last edited by hptmurphy; 27 April 2008, 17:39.
              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

The competition itself was a little slow to get going but then again these things always are...
                Congrats to the 32 Inf and 31 Cav
                In fairness it was well run...bit slow as one of teams was late checking in...and were disqualified but a certain BTC officer fought their case..well done Paddy.

There was a re run of one run in the prelims which was fair enough... and the ref gave over the odds for a rest period for the semis team who qualified and allowed time for plates painting. Well done that man

Over all a very enjoyable and relaxed event

Yeah we were runers up.. but every one enjoyed the event as it was seen to be fair and even handed.. No probs losing to a better team on the day...

its was fair.. everything was above board....even whe it went down to the final descsion we never even questioned it...

Thanks to Cmdt Bourke, Lt Collins and forgive me the Capt ,, I know not his name but theywere very even handed and even the humour made the whole thing very relaxed.

Made for a ver enjoyable competition

For the guys who came from wexford etc..Brilliant humour..you guys bring the fun back into the whole thing..

Over all the most enjoyable briagde I have had in years.....well run.. nice people..no hassle

thanks to all,

Comment

Congrats to the 32Bn in winning and 31 Cav coming second in the falling plates competition. We also lost but uin the semis to the 32Bn.
                  Not sure of the rest of the results apart from the GPMG (very very small number of competitiors there) which was won by the 34Bn.
                  Best of luck to all those competiting in the all army and well done
                  Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
                  http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

GPMG competition was limited to two units 33rd and 34th with only seven weapons firing on the day.

what the actual story is I'm unsure but seems a lot of people don't have GPMGs , training or range time available to them for this competition

Comment

With regard to the rifle competition, does anyone know how many individuals per brigade qualify for the all-army outside of those who qualify with their teams?
                      Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Comment

1st and second place from each brigade.

One of our own was a strong contender to finish in these rankings but haven't conformed his actually placement yesterday.

Comment

Since my previous post, I have received info that TC 04/2006 permits 3 individuals for Rifle & Pistol, 2 for GPMG per Bde. It may have been updated since then though.
                          Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Comment

Working...
                          X