Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pdf

Hello
    Im a 22year old bricklayer from Northern Ireland and Im looking to join the Irish Army as im looking for a career change..I need a few questions answered..
    Where is my nearest barracks?
    What is the pay like for the first 16 weeks of training?
    during the first 16 weeks of training do u get home or are u not allowed to leave the barracks?

Originally posted by hippoward View Post
    Where is my nearest barracks?

Depends where you live. But you are encouraged to apply to all 3 brigade man power offices so you may not be stationed anywhere near the North.
    Theirs not to make reply,
    Theirs not to reason why,
    Theirs but to do and die:
    Into the valley of Death
    Rode the six hundred.

The Charge of the Light Brigade

Comment

OK!!Wat about the other questions does anybody know??

Comment

The nearest barracks to the north are in/around Donegal Town, Lifford, Ballyshannon, Cavan Town, Monaghan Town & Dundalk.

You do not apply to a particiular barracks you apply to a brigade. If you really want to get in you should apply to all 3 brigades (as mugs said you could end up anywhere in the country).

Gross pay per week (as at 1/6/07 it has gone up since):

Pay during the first 16 weeks = € 371.85
        Pay during the following 8 weeks or so = € 456.57
        Pay on upgrading to Pte 3* (fully trained private) = starting from € 475.77

As to if you get leave during training, it depends where you do your training and if your work is up to scratch.

Support the search engine

Comment

I wish we had an FAQ, or a section just for information for recruits...

We could call it a "recruit section" or something...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

MOD: Didn't the door hit you in the ass when you said goodbye Sulla?
            Last edited by ZULU; 1 May 2008, 20:55.

Comment

Goldie even before i opened this i knew your response would be somewhere along those lines! ha

Comment

Would you have saturdays Lotto Numbers also by any chance?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

3 20 8 16 13 18 44

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                    The nearest barracks to the north are in/around Donegal Town, Lifford, Ballyshannon, Cavan Town, Monaghan Town & Dundalk.

You do not apply to a particiular barracks you apply to a brigade. If you really want to get in you should apply to all 3 brigades (as mugs said you could end up anywhere in the country).

Gross pay per week (as at 1/6/07 it has gone up since):

Pay during the first 16 weeks = € 371.85
                    Pay during the following 8 weeks or so = € 456.57
                    Pay on upgrading to Pte 3* (fully trained private) = starting from € 475.77

As to if you get leave during training, it depends where you do your training and if your work is up to scratch.

Support the search engine
                    A Barracks in Donegal Town ?? Since when??

Finner Camp between Ballyshannon & Bundoran. Co. Donegal.

Lifford, Co. Donegal across the border from Strabane.

Rockhill House on the outskirts of Letterkenny, Co. Donegal.

Nothing to guarantee you will get sent to a Border area though, you might get asked where you would like to be based, but Irelands not so big that getting home will be a major problem.

Connaught Stranger.

Comment

I taught Rockhill was in Donegal Town, I stand corrected.

Comment

Working...
                      X