• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sluggie
    replied
    Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
    Conor King seems to be playing a blinder for RACO, from what I've seen
    The story seems to be about a PDFORRA case, not RACO. Mark Keane is their president and Ger Guinane is the General Secretary.

I agree that Conor King is doing a great job for RACO.

Leave a comment:

• Truck Driver
    replied
    Conor King seems to be playing a blinder for RACO, from what I've seen

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/a...mpression=true

Leave a comment:

• BANDIT
    replied
    check your payslip, id u pay tax its your business

Leave a comment:

• Slacker
    replied
    My View:

Last time I checked my shoulder, there wasn't a ranger flash on it. I'll be damned if its any of my business.

Same with you Malek. Unless you earned a patch on the shoulder?

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    Originally posted by Malek
    You're probably not far off the mark ex pat.

If anyone with half a brain cell looks again at the 'annonymous' letter (link courtesy of IrishArmy) in this thread it is obvious from the signature that it is not as 'annonymous' as it appears. It does in fact narrow things down significantly. Very significantly. It's malicious, cowardly and disgusting.

Knobheads feel free to contradict me with horseshit.

See post 75

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
    I saw a report recently that suggested the letter is a fake, not written by a member of the ARW at all. DF authorities have narrowed down the source to a couple of individuals. None of whom ever served in the ARW.

Leave a comment:

• ex pat 007
    replied
    Originally posted by Exo1 View Post
    I understand your point of view, but you need to set it in context to the likes of similiar forces like the British SAS/SBS or US SOCOM (Includes "Delta" "FCCJs" and "Seals" for example) whom have pay and conditions that are suitable after they upgraded them from near enough to Regular Army pay and allowances. The Rangers do the job and should be paid for it..
    The additional pays Ive seen reported here , if accurate, show the ARW are in line with or better paid than USSOF.
    Last edited by ex pat 007; 17 June 2008, 01:04.

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    Originally posted by Malek
    A cardinal rule of soldiering and comradeship, one you probably won't find on this forum. And one you should'nt have to ask about if you are serving.
    Seems to me like if you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

If you don't like it etc...

Leave a comment:

• BANDIT
    replied
    Hey Malek,
    calm down i would miss u, take an aspro.

Leave a comment:

• trellheim
    replied
    What rules are being broken ?

Leave a comment:

• spudula
    replied
    thousand yard stare.................................

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    "you weren't there maaaaaan......."

Leave a comment:

• spudula
    replied
    I thought as much.

I cant see a member of the wing moaning about anything, especially not to the press.

From wat i've seen of them, their absolute professionals who understand ALL the good and bad points that come with soldiering and Im sure they have worse things to moan about than pay.

Most probably some disgruntled wannabe or someone that couldnt make the grade.

As for all the armchair generals that commented on the the story about the rebels, YOU WERENT THERE!!!! so you cant comment!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    I saw a report recently that suggested the letter is a fake, not written by a member of the ARW at all. DF authorities have narrowed down the source to a couple of individuals. None of whom ever served in the ARW.

Leave a comment:

• Exo1
    replied
    Originally posted by parade boy View Post
    The rangers would want to get it together. They don't want themsleves identified in the press..all hush hush, sneeky beeky stuff, yet are willing to write to the papers when they're not happy. At the same time they play on the mystique that surrounds them but want to break the silence when it suits them. Sorry, they volunteer for all this stuff. Selection is damn tough, as it should be. Skills cse is no easy time either, and its written down and told to everyone that they have to live within an hour of base. So, through the system make your case (as they have). But when the system respects your anonymity, you have to keep your side of the bargain.

The incident...meeting rebels in Chad. Me thinks they did damn well. They were on a patrol, outnumbered and obviously surprised. So they talked to these guys. No big deal. This is an impartial peacekeeping force. EUFOR has meet Chadian army forces...so they should meet the rebels. We met HB in Lebanon all the time. Just didn't feel the need to leak it to the press.

Special forces should get on with their job and keep thier mouths shut. On all fronts.
    I understand your point of view, but you need to set it in context to the likes of similiar forces like the British SAS/SBS or US SOCOM (Includes "Delta" "FCCJs" and "Seals" for example) whom have pay and conditions that are suitable after they upgraded them from near enough to Regular Army pay and allowances. The Rangers do the job and should be paid for it.. the fact that one guy writes to the press is no right I agree, but its refective of somebody somewhere not listening.. As for them "keeping their mouth shut".. I think you will find if a British SAS man was here on this board, he would not be shy about telling you he is SAS. I think the guys in the ARW have done an outstanding job on staying below the radar, and surfacing for pay and conditions given the publican of the mission in point through normal channels is unfortunate but understandable...

I manage people on a daily basis in my job, and I make sure their pay and conditions are comparable to similiar jobs elsewhere... its good management practice to do so, especially when you have "key personnel" to the organisation under your management authority/mandate.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X