No announcement yet.

How many weeks RDF training do you get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucky for me my B/Day is in may so once I join I'll have the entire summer free to go training...in that reguard I'd like to put in for as much training as I can as quickly as possable (IE come off a few days here and then go on for another week there with as little gap as possable)...whats my chances of getting that kind of work in over june and july?

Comment

Would you not be better asking about this in 2006?

Comment

2004/5 more like...depends on if I can get in under 17 (IE at 16)...lieing about your age is a distinct military tradition I hear...

Comment

Not anymore, strict checks brought in recently. (yes stricter than they were before)

Comment

I was talking to some guy from the South that claimed to be on a six week continuous pots cse.
            "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

They probably left him behind in the Glen & he's been there ever since.
              "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

shades of japanese not willing to end WWII and carry on the fight from little pacific islands.
                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

I tried to get some sort of extra training this year but was told the special olympics was it. I would've have been quite willing to do "camp" with another unit but no help was forthcoming.
                  "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Ah now CQ, you know that Annual Training was also available.

Comment

Trellheim.

What?? Could you expand on that last comment so the unenlightened may have the veil of ignorance lifted fromt heir lives?

Everyone else. Lets face it. Until initial RDF training is up to scratch, most training is a waste of time. A minimum eight weeks full time would be needed to bring the RDFrecruits to 2*, another four to 3*. A Pots cse of less than 12 weeks is a waste of time.

California Tanker's website states that in his Guard unit, basic training is ten weeks, with Guard, Army & Reserve trained together. I think this is the way to go.

That said, I do have bucket loads of respect for those who try and make up for deficiencies in the system by going on every course available.

(Sigh....the world would be abetter place if only I ruled it)
                      Take these men and women for your example.
                      Like them, remember that posterity can only
                      be for the free; that freedom is the sure
                      possession of those who have the
                      courage to defend it.
                      Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
                      If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

I did the two weeks that was available through my unit but as it was my last free summer as a student I wanted to do more.
                        Could've done without qualifying on the BAP as well now that was a disaster.
                        "Hi, I hear you're pistol qualified now, congratulations, and theres more good news you get to spend the rest of your career on security duties with a bright yellow vest that may as well have the words SHOOT me emblazoned across it, and a weapon that should just about outrange a particularly short knife!":o

Comment

Working...
                        X