X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pots course

Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
    It does in it's shite.

Iv seen the course last year and this year, the weekends are physically tough. Alot of PT. PT is the main thing on the course right now,, you could parade every parade night, train every field day, do every excercise and camp but until you pass the course your not getting promoted.

I was told by a Sgt. (Instructor) that 63 started the first weekend,,, 3 weekends later there was on 14 in for training with some doin exams,,,, surely there not all doin exams,

People i was gobsmacked when i saw the new way of doin things. They were doin laps of the square until 10.30pm in the rain!!!!!!!! Time was scarce-long days not the old FCA sylabus of finishing at 1630hrs.
    3*'s mainly dont want to go through that,, especially if there unfit and have to train outside to pass the IT's like!!!!

Anybody who says its easy or no bother **** down and do it yourself,, rememeber this is only the second year of the ITs been introduced. 11 passed out off the course last year!!!

Comment

the new corporals course demands a higher level of physical fitness[/QUOTE] tnan most are used to

would that be ok ?
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by riflemangundy View Post
        11 passed out off the course last year!!!
        Was a bit more, I believe.
        It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

I have instructed on the "old" Pots courses, and I never saw a day to end at 16.30hrs.

When I did mine we were up at 7am and lucky to be in bed by 23.59 and we were working up till that.

So what has changed ? :confused:

Comment

We did the ITs as an assessment in 2001. There was around 50-60 on the prelim weekend (4/5 passed the assessment), something like 23 or 28 completed the course. Training finished around 2000 / 2100, then it was time to do 4 - 6 lesson plans, prepare kit etc and that was after the evening PT session.

Comment

THe biggest shock to me is that a group of 20-25year olds are so bloody unfit! Is society really getting THIS lazy that people cant make grade 3
              "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Originally posted by riflemangundy View Post
                Iv seen the course last year and this year, the weekends are physically tough. Alot of PT. PT is the main thing on the course right now,, you could parade every parade night, train every field day, do every excercise and camp but until you pass the course your not getting promoted.

I was told by a Sgt. (Instructor) that 63 started the first weekend,,, 3 weekends later there was on 14 in for training with some doin exams,,,, surely there not all doin exams,

People i was gobsmacked when i saw the new way of doin things. They were doin laps of the square until 10.30pm in the rain!!!!!!!! Time was scarce-long days not the old FCA sylabus of finishing at 1630hrs.
                3*'s mainly dont want to go through that,, especially if there unfit and have to train outside to pass the IT's like!!!!

Anybody who says its easy or no bother **** down and do it yourself,, rememeber this is only the second year of the ITs been introduced. 11 passed out off the course last year!!!
                I saw the course being conducted this year, a week of FTT which included their PT's..... Nothing demanding about it.

Comment

Originally posted by ZULU View Post
                  THe biggest shock to me is that a group of 20-25year olds are so bloody unfit! Is society really getting THIS lazy that people cant make grade 3
                  In short YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't say I am fit. I am over 40 and can pass the test in my class but that doesn't mean I am fit.

I have had to march troops around. After about 10 mins most of them are out of breath and thats just marching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  I would hate to see the effect if some of them were to try and run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

Lads we have the other thread "Debate on Fitness in the RDF" . Although I heartily concur with Zulu [ and am doing the IT's on Saturday ] can we keep to assistance and tips for the pNCO please ?
                    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

I saw the course being conducted this year, a week of FTT which included their PT's..... Nothing demanding about it.
                      Only the MOI module has been conducted this year and all the PT on MOI is geared towards wakening people up to their own fitness levels and the standards which module 2 will require. Ask anyone who completed a pots course, the MOI is physically alot easier than mod 2.
                      So since you have made up your mind about how demanding the whole course is without having seen it, you must have done it, have you?
                      "I have never accepted what many people have kindly said, namely that I inspired the Nation. It was the nation and the race dwelling around the globe that had the lion heart. I had the luck to be called upon to give the roar"
                      - Sir Winston Churchill, Speech Nov. 1954.

Comment

Originally posted by Bam Bam View Post
                        Was a bit more, I believe.
                        12 finished last year.

Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
                        The FTT hasn't started yet this year, just the prelim weekends
                        "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

Enjoy the Course

In the Field:-
                          Before you start the course.
                          Be an expert at Fieldcraft. Hone the Basic's. They will see you through almost anything. ..Shelter. Fire. Food. Navigation. First aid. Hygene (Both you and your equipment). Comms. Signals.

It is the simple things that will frustrate you when stressed in the field. Simple Map-reading mistakes are the start of many a PNCO panicking. Thinking he/she is lost. I saw one note on a map case describing the 'Add / Subtract' rule. If your head is spinning because you are exhausted, little things lick this help you.

Missions briefings:-
                          Relax. Listen to Instructors. Think for yourself. Ask Question, be sure you all understand your Orders. Plan your missions (Take notes ). Rehearse your missions (read them to each other until you can do it without notes eg. way-points...co-ordinates..Topography of the planned routes etc.). Ensure everyone knows their job. Check your gear and that of your team. Go over your mission plan looking for anything that may prevent you from completeing your objective. Motivate others, keep team spirits high. Delagate and share responsibilities. Be ready for mission changes (All your hard planning going down the drain. Tough). Adjust your mission. Have more than one back-up plan. Know what to do if an Emergency happens. Complete mission safely. And please ENJOY IT!

In Brief
                          1). Be youself.
                          2). Use your Skills and the skills of those around you.
                          3). Help each other. Get togeather and share your knowledge.
                          4). Run everywhere! Look sharp.
                          5). Keep a civil tongue.
                          6). Know when to keep your mouth shut and when to ask questions.
                          7). Never laugh at someone's mistakes.
                          8). Keep Clean
                          ...The list is endless.

Wen you earn your Stripes.
                          • You can only lead by example and from the Front!
                          • Respect is earned and not a right of Rank. That is Obedience.
                          • You will be their Mother, Minder, Protector. You will care for, equip guide them.....and on the very few occasions when times are bad... you'll be the preverbial kick up the Arse that's needed to motivate them all.
                          Have a great Course!

ATTACK THAT ATTIC WITH A STEYR!......AHH!

Comment

Well done to all who completed the course
                            Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

Originally posted by spider pig View Post
                              Well done to all who completed the course
                              Which Bde Cse are you referrring to... ?

If it's the East, well done all.

Hopefully the pressure has just been taken off us a little.... :wink:
                              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

the east
                                Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

Working...
                                X