• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BANDIT View Post
    who is going to be brave enough to take it off them
    Colonel or higher
    Even then its a request.
    Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

A lot of the sticks are personalised as in made by oneself or by someone else. When I get a chance I'll post a pic of a genuine one from long ago.
      The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them: that's the essence of inhumanity.
      (George Bernard Shaw, Playwright, 1856 - 1950)

Comment

Originally posted by WES View Post
        A lot of the sticks are personalised as in made by oneself or by someone else. When I get a chance I'll post a pic of a genuine one from long ago.
        So it's not an issue item, more so a tradition....?
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

The old one I speak of would seem to have been issued because it has the cap badge on the business end so to speak. I have seen one made from a pool cue!!
          The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them: that's the essence of inhumanity.
          (George Bernard Shaw, Playwright, 1856 - 1950)

Comment

they are usually kept in the bn and passed down
            :confused: ONCE YOU HAVE THEM BY THE BALLS , THEN YOU CAN WIN THEIR HEARTS AND MINDS ! :

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
              Has the pace/swagger stick crept into DF service for Sergeants Major ???
              I wonder do any of them have a proper pace stick, and if so, do they know how to use it.....

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                I wonder do any of them have a proper pace stick, and if so, do they know how to use it.....
                I was in a mess in the curragh after the UN event this week, There was at least 4 Sgt/Majors present, Pity I did not know about your question then, Would have passed it on to them when I was near the mess door
                it will be long, it will be hard, and there will be no withdrawl
                Winston churchill

Comment

Originally posted by beenthere View Post
                  I was in a mess in the curragh after the UN event this week, There was at least 4 Sgt/Majors present, Pity I did not know about your question then, Would have passed it on to them when I was near the mess door
                  .... presuming you mean the EXIT door, as you shouted " Barry from the Internet asked me
                  to ask ye !!! "
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
                    The plural of a Sergeant Major is Sergeants Major
                    Sorry SIR, you see, I am a product of the 50's educational (really struggled with that word) system and therefore would know no better.
                    Last edited by beenthere; 29 June 2008, 09:26.
                    Winston churchill

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
                      I did have pedantic pat tags there, but they appear not to have printed...
                      Now you really have me struggling
                      Winston churchill

Comment

Originally posted by beenthere View Post
                        Now you really have me struggling
                        He means he's nit picking

Comment

Working...
                        X