Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First DF Reservist On Overseas Exercise

Just spotted this on the RDFRA site.

Well done and many congratulations to Lieutenant Murphy.....

"Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Fair play to him. From the sounds of it his Civvie qualifactions/experience came heavily in to play, a sign of things to come for RDF memebrs.

Comment

where were the application forms for that then ?
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Yeah I have filled in a couple of civvie experince/qualification forms over the last few years.

Comment

Oh very funny.

Comment

He works for a large MNC as a comms engineer and it took him 2 years to convince them that he'd be able for it. Funnily enough he was an artillery man & is not in Bde HQ (not CIS corps).

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
              He works for a large MNC as a comms engineer and it took him 2 years to convince them that he'd be able for it. Funnily enough he was an artillery man & is not in Bde HQ (not CIS corps).
              The reality is he is probably better qualified and experinced they the rest of them who were ordered to go.

Comment

Heard second hand from an excellent source today that a reservist is going overseas in a few months (I presume on short term commission)

Comment

then he won't be a reservist will he.

Again where are the application forms for this. No one's asked me to apply.

Comment

Heard second hand from an excellent source today that a reservist is going overseas in a few months (I presume on short term commission)

Medical/Tech?

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                      then he won't be a reservist will he.

Again where are the application forms for this. No one's asked me to apply.
                      He is at the moment, will he be when he comes back (ie how does he rejoin)??

Engineer

Comment

And we have a H&S instructor and EMT (who qualifies DF MMF personnel) who are not allowed do manual handling courses or first aid in the RDF
                        "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Originally posted by ZULU View Post
                          And we have a H&S instructor and EMT (who qualifies DF MMF personnel) who are not allowed do manual handling courses or first aid in the RDF
                          ya but look at it another way ZULU, what about everyone who has a full driving licence and arent left drive FFRs or Transits!!!!!!
                          I am free of all prejudices. I hate every one equally.

Comment

Yes. I am S Bde. But I'm travelling incognito.

Comment

Originally posted by ZULU View Post
                              Can you elaborate on this a bit more?

Who can't do Manual Handling and First Aid courses in the RDF??
                              I went into an Italian restaurant and ordered dessert and they gave me tiramisu and a blindfolded horse and I said No, I said mask a pony (mascarpone)

Comment

Working...
                              X