No announcement yet.

funny thing happened .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Waterford Infantry (Not sure of Unit Number) are doing Recruits, and the Tralee Infantry are doing 2-3*.

At least that's what I was told.
    I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

MOD: Less of the pedantics about haix boots, duties and hot dinners
      "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzler View Post
        The Waterford Infantry (Not sure of Unit Number) are doing Recruits, and the Tralee Infantry are doing 2-3*.

At least that's what I was told.
        33rd batt
        great time had by all
        Success is not enough
        Others must fail

Comment

33 this year , the quality of training offered was pretty much on par with what was offered by the 32 and 34 in previous years , each lead unit brought some good and some bad parts to the pot , i have heard that units will train their own next year . the main problem with the centralized recruit training was/ is the varied quality of ncos there is no pro gramme to train the trainer's even a hand book saying this or that should be done this way would go along way to "thats how we do it in this unit " way of thinking ,
          "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

i have heard that units will train their own next year
            aaaagh biggest waste of resource known.
            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by greyfox View Post
              no pro gramme to train the trainer's even a hand book saying this or that should be done this way would go along way to "thats how we do it in this unit " way of thinking ,
              The relevant manual for the lesson, PNCO Course, MOI Course, Std NCO Course, Pot Offrs Course, YO Course, etc etc.....

But I know you are probably refering to SOPs etc - some of these would come from courses etc. Some of info should have been in the admin/op order for the camp - but not everyone gets to see such documents.

Comment

Interested to hear how did centralised 2* camp go?

Comment

The PDF BTCs prior to commencing a pNCO course etc will run an instructional course for instructors [ for exactly the above-mentioned purpose ] It helps.

Comment

There was one run by reserve BTC in the south...less than 10 out of approx 24 places were filled.
                    "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

RDF BTCs also run MOI courses - both ones open to any instructors that apply, and in-house ones for attached instructors on career courses.

Comment

which is not really the same thing.

Centralized courses should have a weekend prior where all detailed instructors attend and be briefed and inculcated on the methods, standards and training goals [ and get the training program ]

Comment

Maybe it could be more along the lines of "if you've done a MOI course of some description (most instructor courses include at least a recap of MOI) in the past 2 years, you're an instructor. Otherwise you're guard commander/IC cups/other menial job". There's no excuse for poor instruction.

As trellheim said, shortly before the course begins, ALL instructors, directing staff, admin staff etc should have a conference where a training plan is laid out, objectives stated, personnel assigned etc etc. Saves a load of flapping on the first day if instructors arrive completely prepared for what they have to do. If an instructor is "struggling" (ie shite) then move them sideways to a position where they can't poison the troops. But of course, this is all assuming that you have enough instructors to begin with, which nobody ever does.

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
                            Do you honestly believe this doesn't happen?
                            Do you honestly believe that it happens for every single centralised recruit/2-3* camp run by a RDF line unit?

Comment

Unfortunately Kermit it doesn't happen that frequently (BTC and RDFT courses excepted)

Comment

grand there is a relevant manual but most people cant be arrsed reading it when they can get their hands on it if you hand every one same book day one of camp much of the bullshit "of this is our interpretation of the manual would be solved" and give a similar book to the recruits which would solve the i can tell them anything cause they don't know bullshit , ,
                                MOI course is fine now i haven't done one, but is it more a how to instruct or is it focused on what to instruct there is a difference ? , but 24 places per year , it would take 24 ncos to do two classes of recruits( 4 weks ) who is going to train the remaining four weeks when they done their bit or cant get time off work ? those without the MOI course ,, IMHO what is needed is constant refresher training at unit level say over a weekend for all instructors run by BTC
                                training plans and conferences are fine but what is needed is a a willingness to stick to the training plan( which IMHO should be looked at for recruits ) and a ruthless pro gramme of rdf wide standardization , what is needed is an RDF integration with itself , there was an opportunity which may have sadly passed if i am right on the units reverting to training their own
                                "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

Working...
                                X