No announcement yet.

Alcohol on Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I work in a bks that has tackled this problem by taking it out of the hands of the rdf.
    The co has decreed that the barmen are not allowed to serve the rdf recruits or 2-3* courses, it doesn't matter what those running the camp say.
    problems were arising where either false i.d. was being produced when requested, or those who were 18 were buying for the younger ones.
    it has worked well so far
    CRIME SCENE INSTIGATOR

Comment

Originally posted by REX View Post
      I work in a bks that has tackled this problem by taking it out of the hands of the rdf.
      The co has decreed that the barmen are not allowed to serve the rdf recruits or 2-3* courses, it doesn't matter what those running the camp say.
      problems were arising where either false i.d. was being produced when requested, or those who were 18 were buying for the younger ones.
      it has worked well so far
      That's the way to go :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by concussion View Post
        Sounds like some units need re-programming if thats the case :wink:
        That may be so but I was speaking to an Inf Sgt the other day and the subject of recruit and other training came up.

They were saying that on a camp last year they attempted to point out to the Officer the fact that some of the NCOs were not training pers properly. They pointed out what the manual said and what was actually being done. The response was "When you are here you will do as you are told"
        There was other "drink related" issues too and problems of training NCOs fraternising with the recruits (please don't ask for an eloboration!!!).

As far as I can see each unit thinks they are right. So who actually monitors the standards?
        Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

Originally posted by bunny shooter View Post
          Well may be your standards aren't as high as the lads I spoke to and believe me their standards are very high, cause I trained most of 'em :wink:
          Right lad are we talking about the same camp because seeing as you said you trained most of the NCO's down their that means that you have also trained me!
          Have you?
          I am being serious on this here as the camp directly after in was supposed to have had trouble with the locals.

Dont want to burst this anti recruit thing that seems to be gong on in the thread but they were bloody well behaved a few managed to aquire alcohol on the last night and as I've sid before there were no problems with it, I didnt mind it because it was well hidden and no one was taking the piss.

Maybe some of the oldler ones (read Sgt upwards) had a skinful every night but the section leaders couldnt beacuse we were meeting ourselves coming off of duties and training the recruits.

The recruits down there were good quality very good their units for the most part had put in the ground work with em and there were well advanced in all key areas by the time we got our hands on em.
          Last edited by Bosco; 10 July 2008, 21:57.
          Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

I will say it again the problem lies with your OFFICERS . On Camp who is in charge, not the NCOs its the OFFICERS, AR Officers who allow this type of carry on should reconsider their commisssions

Comment

MOD: Posts have been moved pending MOD decision

Comment

Originally posted by luchi View Post
                And then the problem is the one winger that cries to the officer because Cpl X insisted that books be cleaned before going to mess!!!!
                Whinger.

Wingers don't cry.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead

Comment

Originally posted by Victor View Post
                  Whinger.

Wingers don't cry.

Wouldn't be so sure about that.....................
                  Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

Working...
                  X