Mounted Artillery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hptmurphy
    Can you just buy the truck and fit the gun yorself?
    Actually it's the other way around. You supply the truck (most 5-6 tone 4x4 trucks are suitable) and they supply and fit the gun & platform.

Comment

During WW2 the US had an SP 105mm,it was nicknamed the Priest because it had a pulpit type mounted .50cal.. There must be some others around now although the US tends more for the 155mm as this one is great against tanks.We tried 155's in Viet Nam in direct support of our Infantry,the 105 is better as you can get them in closer to your front section.
      The 155 Ceaser looks great,is it helicopter portable?
      Hanno
      Hanno

Comment

At 16 tonnes I don't think it's heli-portable, but GIAT claim it is portable in a C-130H.
        "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

RDM Technology sent me out detailed information all about the MOBAT mounted 105...........Very intersesting stuff!!

Comment

air portable

Australia is such a vast place,mostly uninhabited,that we need airportable guns,C130 are great to get to a jump off point but we need Chinooks to get to the FEBA.
            There is definately a place for mounted 155s in support of armour.We have Mk.1 Leopards so they are outdated for Europe so the government is going to scrap them....They are great here and that is all we need.I don't believe we will ever be involved in a European type conflict again.I hope we don't but we have geedubyas South Pacific mouth piece.
            Hanno
            Hanno

Comment

As expected, the French Army has cleared the CAESAR for full-scale deployment. It looks like it will replace the their towed 155mm guns.
              "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Working...
              X