C-mag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*sticks his civvy head in door meekly*

tactics wise, could a so-equipped Steyr be used like the GPMG? it might be down on range, calibre, etc. but it still looks easier to lug around than the big'un.

*looks around at deafening silence*

I'll get me coat
    If you have to do it, you always have to do it right. Either it makes a difference, or it’s good practice so that when it does make a difference, it gets done right.

-Me.

Comment

It would still be just a rifle, the point of MGs is that the spray an area or as someone elegantly put it it'll whack a treeline out of it at 1000m
      "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Just looking at it, it would be a nightmare on the steyr. There is no way you could fire it from the shoulder with it on. Good idea but dosen't work for bullpups. Now if you had one spiral only.....

Comment

Arrah, with that many rounds on tap, why would you bother aiming from the shoulder, just "spray and pray" :D

Just to clarify here - I'm a target rifle shooter personally, and do not advocate this approach!

Comment

Originally posted by strummer
            Does anyone remember the "Hollywood Bank Shootout" a few years ago in Los Angeles. Remember the hold up gone wrong, where the two stick up men were wearing full body armor and were packing some serious fire power!!!!! They held the LAPD back for over half an hour.
            I think these guys had something similar to these C-mags on an AK-47.
            Can anyone confirm that?
            I remember hearing a lecture on this event in Templemore(I think there is a tvm about it too) but they used Ruger Mini 14s which were no match for the police shotguns and 38s. What the LAPD learnt that day apparently is "you can never have too much ammo".

In the end the raiders were taken down with Assault rifles bought in a nearby gunshop. God Bless the NRA.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

actully they didnt buy the rifles the shop lent the rifles to lapd
              Last edited by Guest; 10 August 2003, 01:29.

Comment

Goldie, I think you could be mixing up the Miami Shootout with the Hollywood bank Robbery.

The Miami gig involved the FBI with pistols and shotguns facing up to bank robbers with Mini 14's , revolvers and shotguns, with the FBI losing 2 killed and 5 injured to 2 suspects killed. This event showed the tactical superiority of the 223 rifle to the FBI weapons. http://www.firearmstactical.com/briefs7.htm

The Hollywood event involved 2 criminals with a G3, 3 AKs and an AR15, facing police with pistols and shotguns (until heavier firepower was obtained). 11 officers were injured, the two robbers died (one at his own hand) http://www.student.oulu.fi/~hmikkola/shootout.html

Comment

Yes there were comparisons made with the movie "Heat" at the time too!!
                  I.M.F. - "Lented" - Wha ???????????Grammar me arse!!!!!!!!
                  Live long and prosper!

Comment

Yeah..it would have been the Miami shootout,as i was almost retired at the time of the Hollywood one. Hollywood shows up on worlds scariest police videos regularly.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Yours to buy now for EUR399.01

Partnerprodukte > C-MAGs > C-MAG STEYR AUG

C-MAG System Steyr AUG , Tasche oliv
                      Art.Nr.: MSTP05

Includes C-MAG Magazine, personal loader, olive drab pouch, manual, pocket screwdriver, graphite tube
                      (ammunition not ...
                      Preis: 399,01 EUR

Comment

Steyr
                        Attached Files

Comment

Sledger,
                          I'm the real Mr Burns !!! Stop using me as an avatar !!! You can be my Smithers if you want !! I expect it to be changed ASAP.

That is all.:D :D :D
                          No-one, I think, is in my tree...

Comment

Working...
                          X