C-mag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-mag

C-MAG is the name of a product by 'The Beta Company. It is a new design for a high capacity magazine.

"The C-MAG can be used on almost any modern 5.56mm combat rifle or other weapon without modification to the weapon. The C-MAG is currently in production for M16/M4, M249 SAW/FN MINIMI, STEYR AUG, HK G36 and HK 33 weapons. Other models are available as prototypes. With the correct feed clip installed the C-MAG snaps into the standard magazine housing of the weapon in the standard manner and is released by the weapon's magazine catch in the usual way."

This is available for the Steyr. I have never seen any of the official extendended Steyr mags in use with the DF, nevermind a thirdparty one......

The ARW use them, I think some of the pictures shown of them in East Timor showed the Beta C magazines in use.

Comment

some laugh filling them during the TOET's
      You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

no doubt there is a speedloader for them,however i would be worried more about having to empty them....

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

ALO up and squeeze the trigger.....the easiest way of emptiing a magazine!
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Yeah, a speedloader comes with the package.

Last edited by Guest; 4 August 2003, 12:42.

Comment

Sorry to say fellas the thing is not that reliable. An AF PJ was killed during Operation Anaconda in Afghanistan. Next to the the dead airman they found his M4 carbine and a jammed up Cmag. That just the news I've heard from a first hand source.

Comment

Well, there's an idea.. Let's condemn the entire thing because one man had a jammed weapon with that magazine.

Never mind that such spiral magazine designs have been in use since the 1920s. How do we know he didn't simply load the magazine badly, or some such?

The above said, I'd hate to see how I'd carry one of those things on the standard AUG.. Magazine digging into your armpit? Doesn't look any nicer on that M-16 in the pic, talk about unwieldy. It would have a use in a sustained-fire weapon though, where you have a bipod to steady the weight and don't need to hold the weapon so close to you.

NTM
                Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

Believe what you want.............But I don't think I would want to hump that thing around either. 30 rnd mags work fine for me. As for a fire team 200 rnd SAW drums and 100 rnd starter bags work fine.

Comment

Might Come in Handy in FIBUA where you're going through Mags like nobody's business. But in Conventional Tactics I'd say its a Bit Cumbersome!! Also Slapping an Extra Kilo on to the Weapon is a Pain in the appeture!!
                    Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

While we're on the topic of Steyr AUG accessories, here's a piticanny rail mount fitting, similar to what's on the US carbines so popular with the US military.

Comment

Does anyone remember the "Hollywood Bank Shootout" a few years ago in Los Angeles. Remember the hold up gone wrong, where the two stick up men were wearing full body armor and were packing some serious fire power!!!!! They held the LAPD back for over half an hour.
                        I think these guys had something similar to these C-mags on an AK-47.
                        Can anyone confirm that?
                        No-one, I think, is in my tree...

Comment

There is a 75rd Drum available for the Kalashnikov, I think it's Chinese. It differs in that it only has one drum (ala Thomson Gun).

Comment

A C-Mag is all fine and dandy, but give me 24 pounds of belgian steel and a shit load of 7.62, and I'm happy baby!

Comment

The usual friend of a friend of a monkeys uncle tells me that the wing have dumped the C-mags due to unreliability
                              "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Working...
                              X