RDF will be scapecoat for Dept of Defence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDF will be scapecoat for Dept of Defence

I reckon the RDF will bear the brunt of the cuts in the Dept of Defence has anyone thoughts on this?

Are we actually that expensive?
    courage, endurance, mateship and sacrifice

Comment

They may try to find ways to cut costs but with only €10 million up for grabs, what can they really do??? Cut man-days maybe??? If they do that then no more RDFpers doing Guard and what have you for PDF training = More Money spent.

The DoD will be hard pressed to find ways to cut costs in RDF. Considering we are running on a tiny Budget as it is!!!
      I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

lol,

oh how short an institutional memory we have.

From the mid-80s to the mid'90s 7days was all most got due to the cutbacks. In fairness the country was in shite state.
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Recruit bans, promotion bans, cuts in lengths of courses, lower 42 day limit, get rid of non-integrated reserve, less clothing (if its possible!). Around 1998-2000, over 21 days was few and far between.

Comment

It looks like we could be cut to one or maybe two weeks at best

Comment

I don't see why higher tarriffs are put on Beer in the Mess??? Even a €0.05 increase would make alot of money during the summer months.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzler View Post
                I don't see why higher tarriffs are put on Beer in the Mess??? Even a €0.05 increase would make alot of money during the summer months.
                I'm not even going to dignify that with a response.
                To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Bites tongue. Dazzler. Go ask someone to show you how the accounting of army messes work before inserting foot into mouth.

Good windup though.
                  "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Trell, IIRC they are not allowed to make a profit. Thats about how much I understand. I know I am ignorant on this particular topic but I don't see why the powers that be cannot slightly increase the cost of Alcohol in messes???

It isn't a windup. Increase it slighly, no more than 10 or 20 c and then see how much they can squeez!!!

EDIT: I suspect you are saying that the Mess operates at a loss??? If true disregard my last, If not my arguement still stands.

If the RDF do get hit for money saving schemes I can see it to have something to do with Picking up reservists using Army and Civvie Transport. It will probably turn into a "Make your own way up" situation country wide. I know some units that do pick-ups for only a few people so that is why I say I think that will be the situation!
                    Last edited by Dazzler; 18 July 2008, 17:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzler View Post
                      Trell, IIRC they are not allowed to make a profit. Thats about how much I understand. I know I am ignorant on this particular topic but I don't see why the powers that be cannot slightly increase the cost of Alcohol in messes???

It isn't a windup. Increase it slighly, no more than 10 or 20 c and then see how much they can squeez!!!
                      As trellheim said, go find out how mess accounts are run. Pay particular attention to what happens to any surplus.....

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                        As trellheim said, go find out how mess accounts are run. Pay particular attention to what happens to any surplus.....
                        Will do.

I would wait until my next trip to coolmoney unless anyone wants to PM me the details???

Comment

I think the "scapegoat" in the title is used out of contex,

of course there will be cuts, but, I think spread across the board.

So no new toys for the wing, no pay rise, and business as usual.

Connaught Stranger.

Comment

I don't think it'll be as bad as that. They are making "savings" not cutbacks. A subtle difference.
                            Savings involve rationalisation of the day to day costs, such as wages, travel expenses, food(marietta with the colonels morning coffee instead of fig rolls).
                            Capital expendature cuts isn't really a saving. Normally extra finance is allocated for it.

Compare it, if you will to getting a loan to buy a new car. You need a new car. Putting it off to save money today won't really help, because you need the new car, and the old one will cost you more if you hang onto it anyway, or rather, what you will have to spend on taxis and buses instead will cancel out what you could have been spending on paying the new carloan. A true saving would be if you got your loan for the car anyway, but decided not to fill the petrol tank, instead only putting a quarter in, and reducing your daily running costs to absolute essentials.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by womble View Post
                              Are we actually that expensive?
                              No, retarded post.
                              As always, too many christians and never enough lions.

Comment

Working...
                              X