• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving Private Ryan

Any veterans here ?

I was in N platoon (N19 I was)

Anyone remember Cpl MacIntosh ?
    Last edited by bunny shooter; 31 July 2008, 06:39.

REeeeCOVER!!!!!!
    i was in N meself.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate every one equally.

Comment

I've been trying to find "You and What Army, Private Ryan?" for download for some time. RTE broadcast it some time ago, never seen it since.

NTM
      Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

Whoever was involved in Lighting for that program needs to go back to broadcasting school.
        I think it was produced by the DFAVS rather than RTE.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by California Tanker View Post
          I've been trying to find "You and What Army, Private Ryan?" for download for some time. RTE broadcast it some time ago, never seen it since.

NTM
          Had to look up the yellow ID (01 was my number), CT I have that on tape
          (Not DVD) if any good
          it will be long, it will be hard, and there will be no withdrawl
          Winston churchill

Comment

How do they decide which men are to die/get wounded/live,etc? is it just a variation of front-centre-rear?
            regards
            GttC

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
              How do they decide which men are to die/get wounded/live,etc? is it just a variation of front-centre-rear?
              regards
              GttC
              Only the good looking guys got to live it depended where you were at the time,
              Some days you died/wounded, other days you charged right up to the cliff, and as it was hot, most wanted to die and lie on the beach remember we were wearing a version of lighter bulls wool.
              Winston churchill

Comment

Originally posted by sgt View Post
                REeeeCOVER!!!!!!
                i was in N meself.
                Small world !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember the diving private ? Into the shell hole, TWICE
                Last edited by bunny shooter; 2 August 2008, 23:39.

Comment

Originally posted by California Tanker View Post

NTM
                  I've it on VHS too, somewhere, must dig it out, good fun

Taped it off TV at time.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
                    regards
                    GttC
                    From what I remember, it was done by the 1st letter of you're surname ?

Comment

Originally posted by bunny shooter View Post
                      That as well, and how much blood makeup put on you in the morning after your 5am call.
                      Winston churchill

Comment

Originally posted by beenthere View Post
                        That as well, and how much blood makeup put on you in the morning after your 5am call.
                        Into the food tent, there to costume tent, (them f***kin gaitors !), there to makeup tent, there to buses, there to beach, then hurry up and wait

We came accross the make up girls cooking a huge pot of "blood" one evening. freaky ! Golden syrp and red food colouring

Down to the beach for the "Ring of Ayre"

It was great fun and one og my most treasured memories

Anyone got any photos, I have none

Comment

Har Har. Just like CRDT then..........
                          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Braveheart & Micheal Collins

Just thought I would share a little story with ye
                            about 5 years was working as a welder in a engineering firm
                            another welder there was a member of de RDF who had worked on both Braveheart & Micheal Collins
                            as I am ex-Naval Service we often talked about our different experiences
                            He was showing us photos he had taken on de set of Micheal Collins with all de actors and was saying how nice they were to pose for photos & autographs
                            we then asked him if he had any photos from Braveheart
                            he said he took loads but then production staff gathered all the cameras and destroyed de film in same
                            contrasting his different experiences he said with de most serious face on him
                            "I would never work with Mel Gibson again"

Just though I would share de love!
                            What do you mean abandon ship
                            Are they taking requests?

Comment

Into the food tent, there to costume tent, (them f***kin gaitors !), there to makeup tent, there to buses, there to beach, then hurry up and wait

We came accross the make up girls cooking a huge pot of "blood" one evening. freaky ! Golden syrp and red food colouring

Down to the beach for the "Ring of Ayre"

It was great fun and one og my most treasured memories

Anyone got any photos, I have none

first (and last) time i was ever pulled for having my uniform TOO clean!!!!! ah those were the days.
                              if you manage ot score some photos PM me, dude
                              I am free of all prejudices. I hate every one equally.

Comment

Working...
                              X