Aerial Photos of the Glen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aerial Photos of the Glen

I'm wondering does anyone have any digital photos of the Glen of Imaal / Coolmoney camp? The NPWS site www.npws.ie has them but they have overlay. Can it be removed?

Um, security?
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead

Comment

contact NWPS @ http://www.npws.ie/en/ContactUs/

and ask ?

images of DF sites ?
      Last edited by B Inman; 11 August 2008, 00:28.

Comment

Try google earth

Comment

There is no magnification for that area on Google Earth, it's all a blur!.

Mind you so is much of Ireland on it.

Comment

if there's a house for sale in the area they tend to have aerial photos of the area in much greater detail than google earth.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
            Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
            Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
            Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Comment

Originally posted by pmtts View Post
              There is no magnification for that area on Google Earth, it's all a blur!.
              Likewise, Baldonnel and the Curragh.

Ever wonder why?
              Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead

Comment

No such blurring needed for Kilbride though! (have a look and you'll see what I mean)

Comment

Originally posted by Victor View Post
                  Likewise, Baldonnel and the Curragh.

Ever wonder why?
                  I dont think there was any Irish Government intervention on that. There are many parts of the globe on Google Earth that are not detailed at all and it has nothing to do with it be a military establishment.

Have you ever spotted the mock aircraft near the Welsh border in somesort of sneaky beaky base!!. That's not blurred at all.

Edit: Casement is clearly visible on Windows Live.
                  Last edited by pmtts; 12 August 2008, 13:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Victor View Post
                    Ever wonder why?
                    No, can't say I ever did. :confused:
                    The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them: that's the essence of inhumanity.
                    (George Bernard Shaw, Playwright, 1856 - 1950)

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
                      The Dutch on the other hand, have requested Google to blur our certain parts of their countryside. For example, the Den Helder Naval Base here - http://url.ie/lpw
                      lol @ them blurring out the bunkers. Quite quickly I was able to find the attached. :D
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X