Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Berets?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • No Berets?

    Hey,

    Just finished my recruit training, and apparently according to our NCO's the country is out of cap badges for our berets. And apparently we'll be getting them about 6 weeks into 3 star training.

    Am I to believe this shite?
    'Sciathán Fianóglach an Airm'

  • #2
    We had to wait a while into our 3 Star Course before we got our berets.

    It'll be worth the wait though..... For now, just be happy in the knowledge that you were one of the people that earned the right to wear it :wink:

    Comment


    • #3
      I'd believe it, plenty of people going around with berets minus cap badges. They're something of a luxury at the moment, it seems.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
      Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
      Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
      Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

      Comment


      • #4
        Feel a bit cheated to be honest, it's remarkable how fast the RDF get their berets and yet somehow we can't get it sorted in 16 weeks. On top of that one of the guys in the platoon said his brother got his straight away when he was doing recruit training.

        [/vent]

        tough week.
        'Sciathán Fianóglach an Airm'

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by thomashood10 View Post
          it's remarkable how fast the RDF get their berets.
          The only reason RDF members wear their berets from the off is because we don't get issued bush hats. At least you're not suffering the indignity that some RDF recruits have of walking around in a beret with no capbadge (which looks outrageously crap).

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by thomashood10 View Post
            Feel a bit cheated to be honest, it's remarkable how fast the RDF get their berets and yet somehow we can't get it sorted in 16 weeks. On top of that one of the guys in the platoon said his brother got his straight away when he was doing recruit training.

            [/vent]

            tough week.
            Recruit Training in the PDF? Some Units give their Recruits their berets straight away.... Something which in my opinion shouldn't be done. When we had to wait for the berets to come in we were dying to get our berets but it's just something ya have to put up with.

            It's a tough week that you survived.... Which is what puts us military folk a cut above all the civvi's floating about the place.
            Hello Alaska
            Closed Account
            Last edited by Hello Alaska; 23 August 2008, 00:31.

            Comment


            • #7
              The indignity of a trained soldier having to wear a boonie hat is a bit more painful in my opinion. But yes I sympathize with RDF recruits as I've been there myself.
              'Sciathán Fianóglach an Airm'

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Barry View Post
                The only reason RDF members wear their berets from the off is because we don't get issued bush hats. At least you're not suffering the indignity that some RDF recruits have of walking around in a beret with no capbadge (which looks outrageously crap).
                It definitely is. Does anyone have any word on if there's anything being done to fix the cap badge problem?

                Regardless of the service you're in, you should have a cap badge for your beret.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Amen there.

                  I don't understand how our army can supply us with sleeping bags worth upwards of €300, and yet not be able to supply us with 26 pieces of plastic.
                  'Sciathán Fianóglach an Airm'

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by thomashood10 View Post
                    Amen there.

                    I don't understand how our army can supply us with sleeping bags worth upwards of €300, and yet not be able to supply us with 26 pieces of plastic.
                    This is our army you're talking about

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Further, this is Ireland you're living in. Not somewhere that things are done in an efficient and logical manner.


                      Edit: Seems that this was my thousandth post. I suppose it is fitting... Summarises my current attitude to the country and the state of the country as I make the post. My my, aren't I on my high horse. Question. How have people here tolerated 1000 posts worth of me?!
                      johnny no stars
                      Colonel
                      Last edited by johnny no stars; 23 August 2008, 00:52.
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
                      Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
                      Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
                      Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by johnny no stars View Post
                        Question. How have people here tolerated 1000 posts worth of me?!
                        I ask myself that question on a daily basis :wink:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by thomashood10 View Post
                          it's remarkable how fast the RDF get their berets and yet somehow we can't get it sorted in 16 weeks
                          yours means more
                          well done
                          its not the wearing of the beret but the right to wear it that is important. the beret is only a symbol, you are the embodiment of what it symbolise's.
                          courage, endurance, mateship and sacrifice

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            well done on 1000 .... and you find the spare cap badge you'll know what they were talking about.
                            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

                            "No, they're trying to fly the tank"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Barry View Post
                              I ask myself that question on a daily basis :wink:
                              Ah barry and JNS, trinners and the yaught club, a match made on IMO.



                              Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                              well done on 1000 .... and you find the spare cap badge you'll know what they were talking about.
                              The hell with cap badges, wheres her sam brown and nail file........ i mean sword.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X