No Berets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnny no stars View Post
    There's a lot of self praising going on here. Now I admit I can't say first hand that PDF recruit training isn't the hardest thing in the world, but I seriously doubt it is. Very tough, yes. But what about the people that go in day after day and clean shite off toilets and empty sanitary bins and empty septic tanks. Physically no, I don't think it's as difficult but could you do that for your whole "career"? Could you really?
    Yes, I seem to be doing it most days anyway. They probably get better paid as well.
    To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

There's a lot of self praising going on here. Now I admit I can't say first hand that PDF recruit training isn't the hardest thing in the world, but I seriously doubt it is. Very tough, yes. But what about the people that go in day after day and clean shite off toilets and empty sanitary bins and empty septic tanks. Physically no, I don't think it's as difficult but could you do that for your whole "career"? Could you really?
      You assume that there isn't Privates being made clean toilets and other cleaning details everyday in Units across the country, not to mention the hell hole that is the Recycling Centre.

Comment

is that all you do? Really? That is THE only thing you ever do in work? You never have any hope of doing anything different? For your ENTIRE career?
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
        Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
        Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
        Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Comment

Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
          The DF know that there's always a demand for cap badges so they should have the relevant stock......
          You know that...... WE know that ......... but .............
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

is that all you do? Really? That is THE only thing you ever do in work? You never have any hope of doing anything different? For your ENTIRE career?
            It would be most days, unless I was on a duty.... I can always HOPE a course comes up, then HOPE I match the qualifying criteria, then put in for it and HOPE I get sent on the course.

The same way anybody else in any other job can HOPE something better comes up. Doesn't always happen though.

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
              You know that...... WE know that ......... but .............
              You make a good point

Comment

Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
                It would be most days, unless I was on a duty.... I can always HOPE a course comes up, then HOPE I match the qualifying criteria, then put in for it and HOPE I get sent on the course.

The same way anybody else in any other job can HOPE something better comes up. Doesn't always happen though.
                HA yesterday

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Must agree about the berret looking crap without the cap badge.Its strange really,you would think they would order the same amount of cap badges as berrets.:confused: there was a shortage of them when our units recuits were kitted out. fortunatlly sorted out since. they defenitally got some in killkenny recently.
                  Success is not enough
                  Others must fail

Comment

Could this be the most pointless thread ever?

I must say I am very impressed by the detailed knowledge of the DF logistics structure being displayed.

And you shouldn't be wearing your beret until you are passed out as a 3*. There'll be a Brig Gen at that looking at you so relax, you'll have your cap badge.

Comment

Originally posted by ICUN View Post
                      Could this be the most pointless thread ever?

I must say I am very impressed by the detailed knowledge of the DF logistics structure being displayed.

And you shouldn't be wearing your beret until you are passed out as a 3*. There'll be a Brig Gen at that looking at you so relax, you'll have your cap badge.
                      What Units wait until you're a 3 Star to hand out berets?

Comment

I can always HOPE a course comes up, then HOPE I match the qualifying criteria, then put in for it and HOPE I get sent on the course.
                        You do a lot of hoping. Why do you have to "hope" a course comes up when there is a huge amount of courses which come up every year? Many of the YE ones have no more qualifying criteria other than IT's and ranges. Keep applying for everything going and you mightn't spend as much time on a cleaning detail "hoping" for things.

Comment

Most units do it like that.

They issue them before passing out in order for the 2* to shape them, shave them, sort out the lining etc. but they are not worn until they are a 3*, when they have earned it.

Comment

You do a lot of hoping. Why do you have to "hope" a course comes up when there is a huge amount of courses which come up every year? Many of the YE ones have no more qualifying criteria other than IT's and ranges. Keep applying for everything going and you mightn't spend as much time on a cleaning detail "hoping" for things.
                            My statement doesn't apply solely to me. It could apply to any Private in any Unit in this country. As for all the courses going, I've seen 2 since I came into my Unit that I could've applied for.... 1 was detailed out to people, another was only advertised after the closing date and a 3rd came up that wasn't even advertised which I got. The rest have been open to NCO's/Officers and Administrative staff.

Comment

Most units do it like that.

They issue them before passing out in order for the 2* to shape them, shave them, sort out the lining etc. but they are not worn until they are a 3*, when they have earned it.
                              Both Dublin units issue them to be worn after they've passed out as 2 Stars, when they've earned their Private rank.

Comment

There were definitely more than 2 courses that a new Pte could qualify and apply for. Go through your NCO's to get information from your bn training office. Just because it hasn't been "advertised" on a noticeboard doesn't mean you cant apply. There are other places these are listed, your training staff will know where.

Both Dublin units issue them to be worn after they've passed out as 2 Stars, when they've earned their Private rank.
                                An anti-climax because they are only halfway through their training

Comment

Working...
                                X