No Berets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
    It's a tough week that you survived.... Which is what puts us military folk a cut above all the civvi's floating about the place.
    The Walter Mitty statement of the year 2008
    As for accuracy, presumably the missile carries MRVs with terminal phase sensors and guidance.

Comment

Indeed. There are civvys about who go through much more hardship in their daily occupation, and life than an army recruit does. H.A is starting to believe the propaganda and recruiting posters..

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

contract clothing people!!

Comment

Cap badges are often hard to get for RDF recruits. But I doubt that PDF recruits would be allowed to wear beret without cap badge as RDF recruits often have to.

I think the logic behind (hard to believe there is a bit in the DF) RDF recruits get berets & (some) PDF recruits get bush hats is the chances are the RDF recruit will be seen in uniform by the public more often that the PDF recruit.

The PDF recruits then earn their beret. Are PDF 2*s being issued rank markings? The only reason they are available is that the RDF looked for them as a RDF 2* will wear them for a lot longer.

Originally posted by thomashood10 View Post
          Amen there.
          I don't understand how our army can supply us with sleeping bags worth upwards of €300, and yet not be able to supply us with 26 pieces of plastic.
          Originally posted by thomashood10 View Post

Just finished my recruit training, and apparently according to our NCO's the country is out of cap badges for our berets. And apparently we'll be getting them about 6 weeks into 3 star training.

Am I to believe this shite?
          Cap badge is metal (could well be solder its that fragile!)

But agreed.

Welcome to ...... the DF!

We had to wait a while into our 3 Star Course before we got our berets.

It'll be worth the wait though..... For now, just be happy in the knowledge that you were one of the people that earned the right to wear it :wink:
          Think of it this way you will done more to earn it ..... http://www.danavenell.com/ODDBALLSAYSsilkscreen.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
            Indeed. There are civvys about who go through much more hardship in their daily occupation, and life than an army recruit does. H.A is starting to believe the propaganda and recruiting posters..
            No, HA just went through Recruit Training and is now quite happy in the job.... I think you'll find I'm not the only one who has such a belief. It has nothing to do with propaganda or recruiting posters.

Comment

Just finished my recruit training, and apparently according to our NCO's the country is out of cap badges for our berets. And apparently we'll be getting them about 6 weeks into 3 star training.
              They must be all gone to Chad...

Comment

Originally posted by womble View Post
                yours means more
                well done
                its not the wearing of the beret but the right to wear it that is important. the beret is only a symbol, you are the embodiment of what it symbolise's.
                If wearing your hat means nothing to you then dont f**kin wear it anymore.

I dont give a f**k if my beret is light green, black, blue, dark green or whatever colour you want it to be.

The colour means nothing. Its the respect you show for the cap badge that's important.

It wasnt so long ago the the FCA wore black berets too....................
                Woo Hoo, finally moderated!!!!! In that select band of people who speak their mind instead of being sheep!

Comment

Its a hat, not a rank marking.

Comment

No, HA just went through Recruit Training and is now quite happy in the job.... I think you'll find I'm not the only one who has such a belief. It has nothing to do with propaganda or recruiting posters.
                    But you are saying that NO other occupation goes through more hardship than a DF recruit?

Comment

it is sad to see fully trained soldiers walking around towns and cities without wearing any headress

Comment

Originally posted by golden rivet View Post
                        it is sad to see fully trained soldiers walking around towns and cities without wearing any headress

Also nothing as sloppy as a soldiers who wear head dress that sits like a black muffin on top of his head. to big down around his ears, or sitting on the back of the head.makes them look like A rabs to the public. Who ever there n,c,o is that allows them to wear there headdress like that, needs pepper up his ......

Comment

Originally posted by golden rivet View Post
                          It is not only sad, it is a disgrace to see anyone in uniform not wear it properly.
                          Whatever happened to having personel pride?
                          My own pet hate is some-one with the head gear but not wearing it properly.
                          What do you mean abandon ship
                          Are they taking requests?

Comment

Originally posted by spudula View Post
                            If wearing your hat means nothing to you then dont f**kin wear it anymore.

I dont give a f**k if my beret is light green, black, blue, dark green or whatever colour you want it to be.

The colour means nothing. Its the respect you show for the cap badge that's important.

It wasnt so long ago the the FCA wore black berets too....................
                            You know that wearing the light green beret means alot to me. Your right, the color does mean nothing, its how the wearer earned the right to wear it that means something.
                            courage, endurance, mateship and sacrifice

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                              But you are saying that NO other occupation goes through more hardship than a DF recruit?
                              If there's other occupations out there that involve boggars screaming in your face, 24/7 i'd agree with you. Maybe my platoon just gets their bollox rode. I have to agree with HA to some degree, there ain't many jobs out there as stressful as being a PDF recruit.

I'd say construction would be a bit more dangerous in terms of risk, I give you that.
                              'Sciathán Fianóglach an Airm'

Comment

Fire Service, RNLI, Gardai even? Take off the blinkers.

Comment

Working...
                                X