Qualify as a Marksman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qualify as a Marksman

Does anybody know how one qualifies as a Marksman in the Reserve. Something got to do with your ARP score

Originally posted by kermit
    Score 156 out of a HPS of 194 on the current Steyr table.
    Other weapons tables have their own Marksman score.
    You must do it as part of your ARP, have it recorded as such and posted in unit ROs stating you are entitled to wear it.

Only in SD uniform though and you must qualify each year to continue wearing it.

Comment

So you wouldn't be wearing it every day like the parachute wings for example...?

Comment

Originally posted by Jereth View Post
        So you wouldn't be wearing it every day like the parachute wings for example...?
        yep

Comment

Does being a marksman get you any benefits ??

Comment

You can kill them before they kill you...
            "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

Does being a marksman get you any benefits
              Gets you a nice badge for SD #1s..thats about it apart from all those who will question your right to wear it
              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                apart from all those who will question your right to wear it
                Ha ha, brilliant.
                If you get it 3 years in a row are you allowed wear the patch permanantly? Just something I heard before.
                "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

Originally posted by concussion View Post
                  Ha ha, brilliant.
                  If you get it 3 years in a row are you allowed wear the patch permanantly? Just something I heard before.
                  Checked the regs. No mention of it anywhere. It merely says you can only you can only wear it for the training year.

You know what army rumours are like.

Comment

Reg change

Yes concussion,

That rumour was fact until about 2000, when the introduction of the APWT as opposed to just the ARP requiring an annual qualification score. Previous abuse of the former rule (due to tailor-made marksman badges appearing on FCA perosnnel who couldn't hit a cow's arse with a spade) , led to a more accurate system.

Of course, the market for tailor-made badges came from those who never officially qualified, otherwise they would have been issued the correct badge !! Seemed to be predominantly officers !!, surprise, surprise :wink:

Comment

I qualified on numerous occasions in my previous unit and never rec'd the badge. I asked the cadre staff to process p/work, couldn't be arsed was the answer !

So in recent years neither am I arsed. Don't even worry about my score now I know I will "qualify" anyway

Comment

think if you qualify for it in the all army shoot you get an all army one which you can wear forever ?

Comment

Originally posted by ltsmarty View Post
                          That rumour was fact until about 2000, when the introduction of the APWT as opposed to just the ARP requiring an annual qualification score. Previous abuse of the former rule (due to tailor-made marksman badges appearing on FCA perosnnel who couldn't hit a cow's arse with a spade) , led to a more accurate system.
                          :confused::confused::confused:

Are you sure? My copy of the regs is 1993 and it is very specific.

Comment

Docman, There was a TI that complemented Para 16 from the Manual of Range Practices (1993) that mentioned this. I can't find it to hand, but it did exist. It has since being cancelled.

Kermit, funnily enough I did manage to maintain the green badge annually over the years, but as you can only wear one type, the red one takes precedence !

Comment

Itsmarty is well qualified to wear his.. I had the honour of being coached to shoot 'pistol' by this guy.

While I'll never qualify to wear the badge in this discipline he is well qualified to wear his indefinetly and has all the 'Diuske' crystal to go with it

When it comes to Firing 'pistol' at brigade level and even at all army...he is Mr Pistol

kudos
                              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Working...
                              X