Army losing Steyrs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army losing Steyrs?

Your normally Sunday morning article, not 100% airsoft related no mention of airsoft directly, but given the details it would be a good bet that the 'high tech replicas are more than likely aeg' , if there not its still a worrying story that could be used as ammunition against airsoft.

Front page of the Sunday World (or one of the tabloids) today. WTF?
    "Why, it appears that we appointed all of our worst generals to command the armies and we appointed all of our best generals to edit the newspapers. I mean, I found by reading a newspaper that these editor generals saw all of the defects plainly from the start but didn't tell me until it was too late. I'm willing to yield my place to these best generals and I'll do my best for the cause by editing a newspaper"
    Gen. Robert E. Lee

Comment

Holy shit,, has to be Airsot weapons put in there place,,, in fairness i held the AIRSOFT steyr at this years SALUTE Show and it felt the same it weights the same and de looks the same

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
        There are no weapons missing.
        explain

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by riflemangundy View Post
            explain
            Its a reaction to the amount of air soft steyrs that are in the country at the moment,
            in case a real weapon could be swapped for a air soft one.
            The army has NOT lost any weapons.
            Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Comment

So why are the details that two were found in Mckee being shown on the News Of the World (Urgh, dirty red top)?
              >See here on boards.ie<

Granted this is probably a complete B/S story, but the addition of actual locations and numbers of these fakes being found adds an air of credulity, to a story i find very hard to believe...

Bogus journalism or is there a kernel of fact somewhere?
              Beyond the Leap, beyond the law!

Comment

It's complete BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
                  It's complete BS.
                  Maybe so, but it will shake any complacency out of people, all the same
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Its worth them sitting up and taking notice of this. The Airsoft USP's are very close to the real thing aswell. Not to mention the likes of the MAG is available as well!
                    Last edited by Muzzle; 28 September 2008, 17:34.

Comment

The story in the Indo on Sat is the accurate one. The NOTW is complete BS....some soldier saw the instruction, put 2 + 2 together got 5, and got €50 for his/her b/s to the tabloid. Might make ordnance checking a bit more fun though!

Comment

From what i have heard ordinance checking had to be tightened up a couple of months back as the mps decided to test a few CQs out by switching the real rifles with airsoft ones when returning them to the armouries. Thats what i have heard.ie not gospel
                        Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

Old news

Comment

Originally posted by cooley View Post
                            Old news
                            Pointless post

Comment

From todays Metro

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X