New RDF Lt Col - Western Brigade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New RDF Lt Col - Western Brigade

has lt col cox's successor been announced or appointed yet?
    if so, who is he?

No it seems to be up in the air

Comment

No such mucking about in the East ....

"Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
        No such mucking about in the East ....

http://www.rdfra.ie/news.shtml
        There has been plenty of "mucking about" with offr promotions in the whole country in the last 3 years.

Admin Instr R5 allows for the competition for Lt Col to take place before the position becomes vacant due to retirement on age grounds. This did not happen in the East or the West. Will it happen for the South and DFTA next year? I won't hold my breath.

Originally posted by kermit
        Lt Col Holohan retired before Lt Col Cox, as I understand it.
        Lt Col Holahan (please note spelling - I happen to know he is fussy about that!) retired about 6 weeks before Lt Col Cox.
        "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

It's just jobs for the boys anyway. What did the old one actually achieve?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Just a quick question – I understood that the position is for a term of two years. If the post holder completes his term and is not reappointed, and not due to retire on age grounds, does he revert to Commandant?
            "Why, it appears that we appointed all of our worst generals to command the armies and we appointed all of our best generals to edit the newspapers. I mean, I found by reading a newspaper that these editor generals saw all of the defects plainly from the start but didn't tell me until it was too late. I'm willing to yield my place to these best generals and I'll do my best for the cause by editing a newspaper"
            Gen. Robert E. Lee

Comment

Yes it is a temporary promotion unless they retire at the rank of Lt Colonel.

Comment

Ha i know him ,, he was in the Glen when he was promoted,, all the MPs were taking the piss out off him and saying congrats,,

Comment

Originally posted by riflemangundy View Post
                  Ha i know him ,, he was in the Glen when he was promoted,, all the MPs were taking the piss out off him and saying congrats,,
                  The previous incumbent retired in the Glen too......
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

The term is for 2 years and can be extended to a maximum of 5 years. So yes if the incumbant does not retire after that period he does revert to Comdt.

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
                      Lt Col Holohan retired before Lt Col Cox, as I understand it.

Was he the fellow who used to do the bear hunt?
                      Air Corps Veteran

Comment

Just after being told that Com Harte 2 I/C of 56th Bn has been promoted Lt. Col. 4 Western Bde. Congats to him.
                        Lock and load

Comment

I am delighted for him he is a real gentleman and a great ambassador for the Reserve and he has great interest in the army

Comment

Thats good to hear. He is a very competent officer and will do a good job.
                            "Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

i congratulate him and wish him the best;

Comment

Working...
                              X