Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OMG - What is happening to US Army Uniforms???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG - What is happening to US Army Uniforms???

OK, first we had ACU

IMO, ok for desert, urban, rocky, arid ...generally a good all rounder uniform...for everywhere except Western Europe where it sticks out like a....well a very sticky out thing.

Now they have got rid of the old green uniform and gone all Dress Blues....a good decision in my opinion until I saw this.....

This is the new Class B uniform - something equivalent to SD No.2s mixed with SD No.3s.

What the hell is going on over there???

Its a Fashion thing

Comment

money saving I guess!!! IMO the Greens are there best looking uniform, alas, they are to rid themselves of it!!!
      I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

**** me ..its like a refugee from a gay pride march !
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

the desperate expression on his face says it all...

it's like

"I look like a plonker. I hate this uniform. Some jerk is taking my picture and it's gonna be seen all around the world. Why me"
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
          Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
          Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
          Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Comment

Why are the unit insignia worn below the chest around the waist and not on the shoulder?

Did I miss a memo or something?

This has to be a piss take. I can picture some officer in DFHQ looking at this and thinking its the shiznit and then lo and behold 5 years later Havoc is on some parade square looking like a spa.
            To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Originally posted by HavocIRL View Post
              Why are the unit insignia worn below the chest around the waist and not on the shoulder?

This has to be a piss take. I can picture some officer in DFHQ looking at this and thinking its the shiznit and then lo and behold 5 years later Havoc is on some parade square looking like a spa.
              The day I have to wear something like that is the day I'll go on my ticket.

Or at least threaten to go on my ticket.

Comment

You do know it's the New Yanks uniform don't you?
                I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

patent platform boots??

Comment

All he's missing is the Dutch Wings and the Cav party hat, for the full Gay Pride look.The shine on his boots can be seen from space!
                    regards
                    GttC

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzler View Post
                      You do know it's the New Yanks uniform don't you?
                      Yeah I know but have you not noticed that the new bits of uniform and equipment we are getting issued is a bit american?
                      To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

When "The Survey" was taken, there was a request to have something to replace the combat patch which would obviously no longer be worn. Thus the small enamel unit badge. Note that the current unit insignia is no longer worn. It is worn on the chest in the same manner as Ranger or SF tabs would be worn on Blues.

This has to be a piss take
                        Unfortunately, it is all too serious. I haven't yet met anyone who likes it.

All he's missing is the Dutch Wings and the Cav party hat, for the full Gay Pride look.
                        Wait.. I've got Dutch wings and the Cav hat...

NTM
                        Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

Yeah I know but have you not noticed that the new bits of uniform and equipment we are getting issued is a bit american?
                          No, not at all, just some good ideas for once, we've been wait a while for some
                          Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

Also note that the bloused boots look is only for Airborne and SF units - the rest can't wear it like that and will wear it with shoes. The two larger badges on the pocket - one looks like the Drill Sergeants badge and I'm not sure what the other one is but they are traditionally worn on the pocket.

It should be noted too that it's rare that you'd wear your class B's (OK maybe at the Pentagon but for the rest of us - haven't worn class B's since basic training. It does look naff though. The full dress blues are sharp IMHO.
                            There may be only one time in your life when your country will call upon you and you will be the only one who can do the nasty job that has to be done -- do it or forever after there will be the taste of ashes in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by California Tanker View Post
                              Note that the current unit insignia is no longer worn. It is worn on the chest in the same manner as Ranger or SF tabs would be worn on Blues
                              Is there any particular reason why the current Class A unit patches can't just be worn on the shoulders of the blue tunic? I know it's not the current "done thing", but the blue uniform is replacing a couple of uniforms, so it would make sense to keep some of the characteristics of the class As (just not the colour), particularly since they have changed the blue uniform to make the wearer look like a twat.

Comment

Working...
                              X