RDF Grat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDF Grat

Was contacted by a chap who was in our unit but has now joined the PDF. This chap did all that could have been asked of him and had more than 48 hrs and all the ARPs etc. required for the grat,,

Question is he eligible for his grat seen as he is no longer a member of the RDF?
    I believe he is entitled to it but gonna put it out to all of you and maybe somebody involved with RDFRA could say yes or no so i can tell him.

Question is he eligible for his grat seen as he is no longer a member of the RDF?
    I wouldn't imagine so, for the very reason you quoted above....

Remember, to enlist in the PDF, you must DISCHARGE from the RDF first.

Hence this would have the same effect as if he just jacked the RDF altogether....
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by riflemangundy View Post
      I believe he is entitled to it but gonna put it out to all of you and maybe somebody involved with RDFRA could say yes or no so i can tell him.
      Can't tell you for sure if it is written anywhere. However I know a guy who left recently to go to the Guards and his paperwork is being submitted anyway and is expected to be paid as normal. He asked and was told that once he had already completed the necessary time, it would be paid.

Then again, he hasn't got it yet.

I'll check the paperwork to be sure.

Comment

I don't think so, he is no longer on the payroll after all. In my job you get bonuses (well used to anyway) for the work you have done in the previous year. These bonuses are paid a few months after the year end. If you are no longer an employee at the time then you don't get the bonus.

Comment

in regard to getting bonus.
          there has been several court cases on bonus
          so you could be entitles to it
          hurry up and wait, are you back yet

Comment

Just checked the admin instruction. To qualify for gratuity the person must be an effective member of the RDF as defined under DFR5 (New Series).

Comment

bit unfair if he doesnt get paid.

if you put in the time, you should get your reward

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
                Just checked the admin instruction. To qualify for gratuity the person must be an effective member of the RDF as defined under DFR5 (New Series).
                At the time of the payment?

I'd imagine it would be allowed, he should submit an application to his old unit, if he's told no he should put in a redress.

Comment

Heres a hypothetical question. I view of the economic climate.

Could the department decide to withhold the grat as part of a cost cutting measure?
                  Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

Yes .. but unlikely

Comment

Originally posted by luchi View Post
                      Heres a hypothetical question. I view of the economic climate.

Could the department decide to withhold the grat as part of a cost cutting measure?
                      There's be murder if that was done.

I'm thinking of the members of my own unit who put in massive amounts of unpaid time
                      doing all sorts. I can't speak for anyone else's unit, after all.

Then again, two Govt ministers have all but said today that income tax is going up.

So Joe Public is gonna get hit hard either way....
                      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

heres a question, whats my grat gonna be, 3*???
                        Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

1. are you integrated ?
                          2. are you effective in the R5 sense ?
                          3. have you the hours done, especially the unpaid ones ?
                          4. Has your CS given the Coy/Unit Comdr the form to sign to certify you for grat ?
                          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                            1. are you integrated ?
                            2. are you effective in the R5 sense ?
                            3. have you the hours done, especially the unpaid ones ?
                            4. Has your CS given the Coy/Unit Comdr the form to sign to certify you for grat ?
                            Do you have 1 or 2 weeks of FTT done?
                            Do you have 2 ywars in the RDF?

If all of the above is true with 2 weeks FTT and at least 2 years then you should get €450.

With one week and under 2 years then you get €180

Source
                            I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

ARP's must be completed!
                              Last edited by concussion; 13 October 2008, 23:36.
                              "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

Working...
                              X