What do you carry in your webbing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Docman View Post
    Secondly, Are you talking about RDF? Integrated RDF? or PDF? (each carries different items)
    I definately don't like that comment, shame on you Docman

Comment

Well i usually carry a sink and depending on what the mission entails it varies in type. but it would most commonly be of the kitchen variety!

iv seen in my time people carrying full dpm uniforms rolled up in zip lock bags. who knew trousers could be rolled into somthing the size of cigarette boxes!?

Comment

Docman, you do know that it's possible for non-integrated RDF to have PRRs and NVE, and carry daysacks, right?

Comment

1 major problem I have found with the PDF issue Daysack - there are no side pockets etc. to stuff ammo into. Having done tactics side by side with the PDF, it is a major failing as you usually have to start opening the daysack lid to store spare ammo - this is time consuming and usually means standing up. It just got very awkward in attacks. Other daysacks usually have small side pockets which were easy to get at.
          I am reliably informed by two of my comrades just back from Chad that the side pooches off the backpack fit onto the side of the daysack, this is what they used for patrols out there. I haven't had a chance to try it but it would make the daysack a lot more usable! As I have previously said on other threads, the one large compartment layout of the daysack is a pain in the **s
          CRIME SCENE INSTIGATOR

Comment

Firstly - Define CEFO

Secondly, Are you talking about RDF? Integrated RDF? or PDF? (each carries different items)
            such as???
            But there's no danger
            It's a professional career
            Though it could be arranged
            With just a word in Mr. Churchill's ear
            If you're out of luck you're out of work
            We could send you to johannesburg.

(Elvis Costello, Olivers Army)

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
              Seeing as daysacks didn't exist in 1991, CEFO is belt order only.

Reduced CEMO is belt order & (technically rocket pouches, but most people change for a daysack)
              Kermit, you have an awful habit of not reading posts and then just repeating what people already said....ie. You see a word, try to show your intelligence by answering what you think is the Q and then show your ignorance by answering a q that has already been answered.

What you said is what I said - CEFO as per the 1991 manual.

The Q I asked was with the issuing of document AAE 04-07 which changed what was defined as CEFO & CEMO and given that AAE 04-07 merely puts on paper what was already common practice, What do you define CEFO as? Given that AAE04-07 doesn't specifically cover PLCE and knowing that DDFT will prob never update it). And given that most Training centres are using the AAE-04-07 document as a modern template.

Please answer the question and stop assuming you know the answer when you haven't even read the Q.

Originally posted by Bravo20
              Pre IPLCE there were three categories
              CEFO - Belt kit and pockets
              Reduced CEMO - Belt kit, pockets and rocket pouches
              CEMO - Everything

I only had a brief glimpse at the new IPLCE descriptions and there appears to be four categories now. However as I can't remember what they are I am not going to guess.
              It is still only 3

Reduced CEMO is gone. Now you have CEFO, CEMO and a new one called CELO (Light Order) for duties.

Comment

Theres an article in this months connect about what should be carried in the new ILCE for the wing selection course.

Breezed through it today but seems pretty sound.
                To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Theres an article in this months connect about what should be carried in the new ILCE for the wing selection course.

Well done on passing wing selection

"Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                    Well done on passing wing selection

Genius!!
                    CRIME SCENE INSTIGATOR

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
                      How rude. There was no question, I was addressing you,

Seeing as you seem to live by eating manuals, the 1991 manual of PLCE, which you were referring to earlier, still has Reduced CEFO in it.
                      :confused::confused::confused:

By telling me something that I already know and have already stated? Again you miss the point. When you have figured out what we are talking about, contribute. Otherwise stay out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
                        I definately don't like that comment, shame on you Docman
                        Well, When I went Integrated, I had to completely redo most of my admin in the field stuff. Much of what I had used up to then had been suitable for use in the Non-Integrated Reserve. But things changed very quickly. For Integration, my gear now had to be IRR. Purchases were made based on if it had IRR or not - even down to the camo cream I bought. This was never an issue with Non-Integrated RDF. I went from making 3 or 4 Km march into basecamps to suddenly doing 25km marches with Full CEMO and plenty of ammo & ordnance. This meant a radical rethinking of my gear and anything with weight was dropped. Going from having to worry about rain, I suddenly had to start worrying about being completely submerged in water - another radical rethinking of the waterproofing of my gear. And all the ordnance that now had to be carried (and accessed quickly) .... well basically my platoon and I have completely different Admin in the field loads to what we had a year or 2 ago.

ie. No cotton t-shirts allowed - Led to purchase & issue of driflo.
                        Issue Fleeces & Norwegians were dropped in favour of Snugpacks & Buffalos.
                        A lot more attention was paid to spending 48hrs+ in the field - more personal hygiene stuff like razors, toothbrush etc.
                        Everthing had to be compatible with CBRN equipment.
                        A LOT of ordnance was issued - NVE, ammo, grenades, etc. etc. It was also the first time I was ever issued a shovel for entrenching .... and used it.

Originally posted by HavocIRL View Post

One problem with it - ARW (by their nature) are tasked with LRRPs & work a lot without support from Logs etc. Hence their gear has to up to that task. I wouldn't carry much in the way of rations in my CEFO as

Comment

just back for a bad motor bike accident and got hold of the new IPLS (??) any recommendations on fitting and tips on it use. I know you have to take the main pack to stores to get fitted but not much else. I think it will be a pain having to set it up for both wearing a flaker and when you are not to get a good fit. cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Dog One View Post
                            just back for a bad motor bike accident and got hold of the new IPLS (??) any recommendations on fitting and tips on it use. I know you have to take the main pack to stores to get fitted but not much else. I think it will be a pain having to set it up for both wearing a flaker and when you are not to get a good fit. cheers
                            IPLCS -> Integrated Personal Load Carrying System

Good to hear you are over your accident, Dog One.

As I am Non Integrated RDF, I wouldn't have a notion about the setup of the
                            IPLCS. Some of your PDF / Integrated RDF bretheren will no doubt be PM'ing
                            you with info on this subject very shortly.....
                            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
                            X