Platoon Assessment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Platoon Assessment

Any of the infy IMO bodies heading to [snip] the ??????? ????
    Last edited by DeV; 17 October 2008, 19:28.
    Lock and load

I realise I am backseat modding here, but EL_CAPATIANO, this may fall under OPSEC!
    I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

http://forum.irishmilitaryonline.com...t=13718&page=3 we discussed already. I will be along
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Where and when wasn't mentioned then...

Comment

So.... Now that is over, what are peoples opinions???

A MASSIVE wake up call for an awful lot of people. But I fear noone will take any notice.

Blame will fall upon those who did their best, not those who deserve it most.

Comment

so how did it go ??? i know some found that there wasnt enough training done in the run up to this weekend (well in my own unit anyway ).

couldnt partake myself this year as i had to go to my babies christening .
            Anyone need a spleen ?

Comment

i was supposed to be there but couldnt go in the end! How did they go? Wake up call indeed....our coy was given a wks notice to produce a section after we were informed out only commitment would be to provide an officer!

Anything interesting happen?
              "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

So they changed their minds about the officer and decided a section was more important - sounds about right to me
                "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

Originally posted by ollie View Post
                  so how did it go ??? i know some found that there wasnt enough training done in the run up to this weekend (well in my own unit anyway ).
                  It was poor at all level (from what I saw). Basic drills were not being done properly, both individual soldiers all the way to up to Coy Comdrs. I was expecting a proper tactical Coy Comdrs position.... What I saw was large tents, lighting, no sound or light discipline - All they were missing was the sign saying "COMPANY COMMANDER HERE". Helmets seemed to be in short supply, especially amongst senior ranks and weapons were at a premium. Most people had invisible forcefields which could stop all known ordnance.

Best Quote of day 1
                  "Eventually the Platoon Commander took to running back & forth in front of the Enemy position - probably hoping the Enemy would shoot him and put him out of his misery".

Even when things got dumbed down on the 2nd day, things only improved marginally.

However - I must say that this was from my point of view - I did not see all of it, not even half of it.

Organisationally, it was a good show - Kudos to the organisers.
                  Last edited by Docman; 19 October 2008, 17:09.

Comment

From my experience of these events, it seems the only thing that runs smoothly is the organisation.

But I'm sure you know well Docman that there are many in the RDF above Lt level who feel their only duty is to sit around and occasionally arrive amongst the ranks to make the classic "you're all doing very well" speech. I'm sure when you reach that rank yourself you'll be issued with the invisible forcefield too.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                      But I'm sure you know well Docman that there are many in the RDF above Lt level who feel their only duty is to sit around and occasionally arrive amongst the ranks to make the classic "you're all doing very well" speech. I'm sure when you reach that rank yourself you'll be issued with the invisible forcefield too.
                      When I said invisible forcefield, I was referring to the NCOs - most of whom ran around giving orders as if there was noone shooting at them....The Lts were not much better.

The Senior officers never went near the Enemy - they didn't need forcefields.

Comment

Oh dear. Thats much worse. Now we know why the RDF don't do live fire exercises much.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

To be fair to the cpls docman. A lot of the platoons were made up of 2* pte's. so there was a lot of babysitting to be done. The organisation was spectacular. I have to say that i was never so well fed on the ground. Ever. A very big thank you to all those invoved in organising it cos you made my life easy for the weekend.
                          The porty loo's located at the coy cmdr's position were also a blessing.
                          I think the exercise itself went ok. Elements of it were very good and from my vantage pt in the platoon very little went wrong. The complete lack of comms with the coy hq was shitty enough but hey we pressed the button and sent the reports in anyway.

I learned some very important things this week too.
                          1. its very difficult to take a piss while wearing a wet gear pants.
                          2.the eastern lads feed their bods on the ground very well.
                          3.For the first time ever i found that you could have too much ammo.

All in all a very good weekend i enjoyed it thoroughly.
                          Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
                          Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
                          do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
                            Dear mod. I draw your attention to page 2.

http://www.rdfra.ie/pdf/newsletters/..._Summer_08.pdf
                            Oh dear oh dear........................
                            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by happenin View Post
                              To be fair to the cpls docman. A lot of the platoons were made up of 2* pte's.
                              They shouldn't have been! There was only supposed to be 3*s

2.the eastern lads feed their bods on the ground very well.
                              Tactical hotlocks?

Comment

Working...
                              X