Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Course dates for 2009

Got these off the S/Bde Website today

.... RDF Courses for 09 (Nov) - Reply to Bde HQ NLT 22 Jan 2009. Check Trg Calendar & in Unit for more

Potential NCO Cse 25/7 - 7/8 South
    Standard NCO Cse TBA West
    PT Leaders Cse 20/7 - 31/7 West
    Platoon Sgts Cse 6/6 - 12/6 RDFTA
    Offrs Logs & Admin Cse (Mod1) TBA RDFTA

Question I have is - What is a Pl Sgts Cse? I assume it is for training Sgts to be able to operate within an Infantry Platoon on the ground, something that the current Stds course does not.

Does anyone know the course dates for the eastern brigade?

Comment

The pNCO dates are out to all units - that's all at the moment. It's planning time right now so expect more in a week or two
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by lennon31 View Post
        Does anyone know the course dates for the eastern brigade?
        eager for your stripes Len? lol

Comment

Anyone know the qualifying criteria for the Pl Sgt's course - or do I have to go to my unit for that kind of thing?

Strange that the PT Leaders course would be run away from DFPES. I have an email from BTC which says its a Pl Leaders course - who's right here?
          Last edited by concussion; 29 November 2008, 17:16.
          "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

AFAIK the dates and locations for courses have been released by D Res but not yet signed off by D Trg. The info on the 1 S Bde website is not accurate. Enquire from your own unit for details.
            "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

ATD 2009 states RDF PT Cse 20/7-31/7 in DFPES, I'll have a look tomorrow to see if it states how many places are on it.
              Death before Dishonour.

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
                6 per formation, presumably ?
                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                  Don't forget the NSR

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver
                    Originally posted by Barry View Post
                    Don't forget the NSR
                    24 places

= 6 x 2 E Bde
                    = 6 x 1 S Bde
                    = 6 x 4 W Bde
                    = 6 x NSR

Am I missing anyone ???
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
                      DFTC

it's 8 per Brigade, as usual the DFTC and NSR are left out, so if someone from one of those formations secures a place, one of the others loses out.
                      Odd way of doing it....

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                        Odd way of doing it....
                        You joined when?

Or is there some other army I wasn't told about?
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
                        Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
                        Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
                        Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Comment

Places are allotted as follows, 5 per Bde, 5 for DFTC and 4 for NSR.
                          Death before Dishonour.

Comment

Originally posted by johnny no stars View Post
                            You joined when?
                            Don't want you to feel too young....

Originally posted by warlord View Post
                            Places are allotted as follows, 5 per Bde, 5 for DFTC and 4 for NSR.
                            Thanks Warlord, that makes more sense...
                            Of course, a PDF course would have to factor in the Air Corps aswell, thus probably
                            reducing the Bde allocations...

Comment

Working...
                            X