Qualifications and Skills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qualifications and Skills

could we perhaps draw up a list of suitable qualifications for life in the DF?

a compilation of skills needed to be anywhere from a Cpl in the S&T to an Officer in an Infantry unit.

what are the current qualifications held by all ranks and what would be a desired qualification to persue either while enlisted or with a view to join.

what are the courses the DF sends its troops on and what are the civilian equivilants?

this could also help interested parties get some info rather that starting new threads etc when recruitment rounds come about!

List:

Logistics
    Catering
    Medical (From Basic First Aid to GP and Dentistry)
    Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical etc)
    Last edited by WilcoOut; 1 December 2008, 20:05.

Drinking Tea
    Hiding
    Encouraging "Red Tape"
    "I'm like Bush, I see the world more like checkers than chess." - Dennis Miller

Comment

Originally posted by Llorrac View Post
      Drinking Tea
      Hiding
      Encouraging "Red Tape"
      Similar courses to the above are usually given as an induction to the civil service
      "I'm like Bush, I see the world more like checkers than chess." - Dennis Miller

Comment

[MOD: Re added]

medical
        engineering
        Go Mairidís Beo

Comment

Tpt administration
          TV remote control handling
          Inventory Management.
          Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

Originally posted by WilcoOut View Post
            could we perhaps draw up a list of suitable qualifications for life in the DF?

a compilation of skills needed to be anywhere from a Cpl in the S&T to an Officer in an Infantry unit.

what are the current qualifications held by all ranks and what would be a desired qualification to persue either while enlisted or with a view to join.

what are the courses the DF sends its troops on and what are the civilian equivilants?

this could also help interested parties get some info rather that starting new threads etc when recruitment rounds come about!

List:

Logistics
            Catering
            Medical (From Basic First Aid to GP and Dentistry)
            Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical etc)
            Did someone just pinch my post?? I'm pretty sure i wrote medical and engineering......
            Go Mairidís Beo

Comment

moderation??????????????
              Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

Some shitetalk was snipped from this thread - your post was included by accident, traumagod. It did indeed suggest medical and engineering qualifications (WilcoOut subsequently nicked these and added them to his own post)

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                  Some shitetalk was snipped from this thread - your post was included by accident, traumagod. It did indeed suggest medical and engineering qualifications (WilcoOut subsequently nicked these and added them to his own post)
                  that should read

'wilcoout subsequently updated his list on the back of your contribution to the post'

Comment

Thanks Barry! Wilco,
                    Go Mairidís Beo

Comment

In UK colleges there is a Public Services course. This basically gives the student an appreciation of Public Service training (with an eventual qualification) for life in the Army / Police / Fire service etc.

Here's an example of one....

Is there something like this in Ireland?
                      Last edited by SwiftandSure; 2 December 2008, 10:56.

Comment

Yeah we have a Fas careers direction website and career portal.com or sumething like that, but there is no specific break down of x,y and z course that would be necessary,or complimentary to, a career in the Defence Forces

Comment

Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
                          College or Uni.
                          I ran into this problem in the UK college means 6th form (ie secondary school) whilst in Ireland college means university
                          Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

Originally posted by luchi View Post
                            Inventory Management.
                            " I want a list "
                            " 1,2,3,4............. 59,60,61........."
                            "Howya Johnnny, good match...."
                            "Yeah, was alright......... what did I stop at...... ???"
                            " AHHHHHHHHH - 1,2,3.............. "

:wink:
                            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

We have thousands of SKUs in our place, before I started one of the customer service girls helped, "that looks right", "I didn't feel like climbing the ladder", etc etc

Comment

Working...
                              X