No announcement yet.

Army Rangers among best elite forces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An article appeared in this month's An Cosantoir about it, I reckon the Indo guy read it.

I can find no more info on the interweb about the competition.
    "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Yes here it is. It is the "Rangers 3rd in Skills Battle" thread on 7 June 2003.

Irish Independent

Tom Brady

The crack army force, the Ranger Wing, snatched a bronze medal in Bonn, Germany yesterday at the end of a four-day competition for special units from 41 countries around the world.

The competition is a test of skills of special police and military units throughout the world and involves physical, mental, marksmanship and tactical skills.

Their tasks included hostage dramas, obstacle crossing, and water disciplines on the river Rhine.

The Rangers ended up as the leading military team in the event. They recorded one 3rd, four 4ths and never achieved less than 12th in any of the tests.

Other competitors included the GEO from Spain, GSG9 from Germany, GOE Portugal, NOCS Italy (2nd), Royal Dutch Marines, and from South Africa, Sweden and the winning team Cobra from Austria.
      The competition has been held every four years since the early 1980s.

Is this a slow news month or what.

Comment

Is this a slow news month or what.
        Must be. I suppose we shouldn't be complaining, good press for the DF is relatively thin on the ground.
        "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

they could have read it here too...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Look they werent there, we were.:-patriot:

Theres more of them then there is us. As Dubya said " we have no problem fighting in Afghanistan,Iraq, and North Korea at the same time."

They have plenty to go around who cares.

We were on the podium thats all that matters.:flagwave:

Comment

Fox, I take it that "we" is in the broadest possible sense.....

Comment

Jolly good show

Congrats to the Wing Dingers its a great result. As regard the US Spec Ops units and UK Spec Ops i can see them been up to there tits in stuff wit deployments all over the world, plus which units would the US&UK sent its not going to be the Green Berets or the 75th Ranger Regt, SEALs or Marine Force Recon or british SBS because there all strictly Special Operations units not Counter-Terrorist or Intervention teams. The only Special Forces units with a CT role in the US/UK is Delta Force and the SAS oh also the Navy SEALs TEAM 6 those units have in no doudt been flat out since Afganistan to present doing every possible mission that a Spec Ops unit can do plus back in each of there countrys there will be a squadron left there when the other squadrons are gone on overseas on 24hr call for CT or Hostage Rescue on home soil. So that pretty much explains why the US or UK were not in it. But taking nothing away from are lads there shit hot and they know it so again ****ing deadly.

Comment

"The British SAS and US special forces did not take part. They only enter competitions where they have a high chance of winning."

FM,that is a quote taken from Indo 23 July which this thread began with.It answers your query "By the way, what exactly are you basing your judgement on? "

regards etc

Comment

i saw that in the paper and its a statement made by a reporter. I'm just stating a fact that the British SAS and American Delta Force have been constantly oversea's in Afganistan and Iraq and many other places around the world. The way the SAS and DELTA are organized is the same, there made up of 4 combat squadrons a logistics squadron and a signals platoon plus a medical platoon the same as the SAS. Now 3 of those SQN will be involved in special operations mission in all the hot spots around the world while 1 squadron is left at home for CT/HR dutys. now here it is, if you have 3 full SQN on the ground oversea's with only one Sqn left at home that sqn wants every avalible man at home not in Germany taking part in some competion. Can you see where i'm coming from here.

Comment

Working...
                    X