Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it time for RDFRA to pack it in and Disband?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how can something be technically illegal

its either illegal or not

its like being a little bit pregnant

and back to the thread
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

By proposing its disbandment???
      If thats what it takes to change it..yes!

To simplify Goldies point,

Has the RDFRA run its course.

Its main achievement was originally to have the DOD recognises a body to represent the FCA.. this it achieved by having the DOD sit down and at least talk with the organisation.

With the need for a representitive body now firmly established should the movement be now be re directed in the same direction that RACO and PDFORRA have gone and become a partnership for the RDF with the DOD as opposed to a smaller group trying to play catch up.

The DOD won't play ball with a second representitive association, this is a given, so in order for the current association to work it needs to change drastically to represent the needs of the masses as opposed to the dreams of the few.

Now the crux. It would appear that the RDF en masse have lost fait in the RDFRA so it needs to start doing something radical to improve the lot of the membership as opposed to applaudingitself on the minor accomplishments of the past.

The Grat debacle has undermined the RDFRA wholesale and has further diminished support from the ordinary Rank and file of the RDF.. the question should be how does the RDRA attain real credibilty.

Given the military nature of the organisation the RDFRA represents acts of dfiance and normal industrial relations channels are not an option.

How then does it move forward?

You can't threaten to withold services as this would be playing right into the DOD hands and give them an oppertunity to disband the RDF which to my mind is an agenda while it won't be readily admitted to would suit the minister nicely.
      Last edited by hptmurphy; 16 December 2008, 21:47.
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

I voted no if you are unhappy with the personalities run for office yourselves and make it better I du believe that faceman could learn from the christmas greeting of SIPTU etc

Comment

Why can't it change policy so that certain things can become specific objectives? That way there would be less of the "Throw a dog a bone" syndrome. Well, by would I should say could...

Is there no policy on communication with members? I received NOTHING from RDFRA about the whole grat fiasco. Now, why not send out an email? Seriously?

Is it just the Irish mindset or something? We have a government and bankers sticking their heads in the sand and an opposition party that's perfectly happy to let them do so! Even though I'm no FFer, I think perhaps it's worse that FG are letting the government away with this!

Is this the lead that RDFRA are taking? Because frankly, you can have ALL the closed meetings you like but they're NOTHING if your members aren't kept up to date on "We're meeting on.." "This happened at the meeting" "this is what they're saying now" "here's the draft" and putting pressure on. I think if people were informed there might be a bit more power BEHIND RDFRA. There seriously needs to be proper means to keep the membership informed other than the website. This is the only place I hear stuff which is, unacceptable given that a I'm fully paid up, card carrying member. Frankly, I want a letter in the post when this sort of crap goes on and I want follow up letters, a la proper representative organisation/unions, whenever there's a significant event relating to it. A quarterly newsletter is just not good enough.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
          Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
          Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
          Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
            how can something be technically illegal

its either illegal or not

its like being a little bit pregnant

and back to the thread
            While representation was legal, there was already one provided, the second association was illegal,. So it had to either disband, or get the GRA to do so.

You know its possible to be pregnant and not give birth.....

TOPIC!

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

you had to have studied with the Jesuits
              Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
              Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
              The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
              The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
              The best lack all conviction, while the worst
              Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

voted no better what's there than nothing I suppose:confused:

Comment

There is definately a common theme running in this thread that RDFRA is not doing it's job. It is most definately not keeping the members informed and appears to be burying it's head in the sand in relation to the seriousness of the whole grat situation and the feeling of members on the ground. This is apparent from the Christmas messages on the RDFRA site. The President seems to think that RDFRA has a great relationship with the DOD and the MA; this is despite the fact that they have more than given RDFRA the bird in relation to the whole grat issue in the past few weeks. RDFRA have played good cop up until now with the DOD and the MA and they have been walked over with the whole grat issue so is it not time now to play bad cop?

So my question is if the President thinks that all is rosy in the garden and would prefer to keep a nice 'I scratch your back, you scratch mine' relationship with the DOD and MA instead of putting it up to them over the whole grat issue, is it not now time for the President to resign or be voted out?

RDFRA is losing face, support and most probably members the longer this issue is allowed to go on. EGM or National Executive re-election anyone?
                  ''To go for a drink is one thing. To be driven to it is another''. Michael Collins.

Comment

I reckon its got to the satge where no one wants the job with the organisation in the current state of disary it is in.

A new constitution for the organistion, new goals, new operating proceedures along with new blood is the only way forward,

This would all take time so i reckon make the best of what we have we aview to a major over haul of the organistaion in the future.
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Well 2009 is an election year and I look forward to seeing you all put your names forward

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
                        Well 2009 is an election year and I look forward to seeing you all put your names forward
                        Funny I was thinking the same thing.

It will be great to see those that have critisised the organisaton n the front line making it a better place for all.

The problem is though that the "grass roots" are withered too.

Just to take my own unit.
                        No one wants to be rep.
                        No one wants to hold the meetings that they should be holding.
                        No one wants to go forward for any of the committees
                        The unit meetings interfere with normal training programe.
                        and so no new blood is elected to where they are needed.

As I said before officially I am not the unit rep as I was not duly elected to the position. However the unit rep has passed the responsibility over. When doing so he told me "its like being in a padded cell, you can shout and scream al you want but neither the inmates nor the careres want to listen"

RDFRA does have a working relationship with DOD. THey are al palls. High fives and back patting all round. RDFRA doesn't have a working relationship with any of the units I know.
                        Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

Well I'm out of the equation..so my views are from an outsiders point of view.

Comment

what ever about a vote to decide on disbandment a one on if the RDFRA has lost its way badly would be interesting , the grat thing is sealing for me i am awaiting the RDFRA winter news letter to see where they stand on it and if its the weak response i expect i will be keeping my 6 euro ,
                            "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

Bravo 20 Your spot on let those who talk a great fight put their heads on the block and do something positive an run for office whether it is the local branch committee Brigade Cmtte or the National Executive.

STAND UP AND BE COUNTED OR SHUT UP.

Comment

this is funny,, less than 24 hrs ago i had a chat wit a good friend bout the same thing and we bout said no RDFRA should stay,,simly because its our only voice,,,

il be honest i know of Docmans role in the committee and he view of the RDF and if he's wavering then its on the verge off falling,,i ment that in a good way he's dedicated to it,,

Comment

Working...
                                X