Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it time for RDFRA to pack it in and Disband?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greyfox View Post
    what ever about a vote to decide on disbandment a one on if the RDFRA has lost its way badly would be interesting , the grat thing is sealing for me i am awaiting the RDFRA winter news letter to see where they stand on it and if its the weak response i expect i will be keeping my 6 euro ,
    I got my "winter newsletter" today

Comment

Originally posted by goc132 View Post
      Bravo 20 Your spot on let those who talk a great fight put their heads on the block and do something positive an run for office whether it is the local branch committee Brigade Cmtte or the National Executive.

STAND UP AND BE COUNTED OR SHUT UP.
      the RDFRA is a Representative body for every one not just those who are willing to get involved in positions within it , there are many who are unwilling unable or have not the time to get involved , if this is the case i may as well spare my money ,
      i joined RDFRA as a recruit i supported it ever since financially and in principal i never had much to do with it on a personal basis and i have no compulsion to do so in future. i felt in past that me being in the organization helped in some small way by increasing the % of RDFRA members within the RDF / FCA i have paid a small but not insubstantial amount over past ten years i was counted amongst the membership there fore i am entitled to my say positive or negative about the RDFRA ,

i have read the " Christmas message " on the RDFRA website and i was to say least disappointment i am hoping the winter newsletter will be what i want it to be but i not hopeful as the Christmas message was exactly the weak response i was fearing .
      "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

i have read the " Christmas message " on the RDFRA website and i was to say least disappointment i am hoping the winter newsletter will be what i want it to be but i not hopeful as the Christmas message was exactly the weak response i was fearing .
        My newsletter arrived today... I started reading, recognised it and stopped. Then again, I may have missed something different.

I'm disappointed. The newsletter lacked punch.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
        Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
        Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
        Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Comment

I got the news letter today..was handy for polishing my shoes on after I'd seen all the photos after a certain member here,
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

the RDFRA is a Representative body for every one not just those who are willing to get involved in positions within it..................................... i felt in past that me being in the organization helped in some small way by increasing the % of RDFRA members within the RDF............................................... ...............there fore i am entitled to my say positive or negative about the RDFRA ,
            Your sentiment is shared with many others.

It is not necessary for every person to aspire to be a comitee member or have a dedicated post.
            What is needed is that you and other members of your unit give your rep a mandate to work on your behalf. This is only possible by having a meeting, having your speak and deciding as a group what you need and want from your rep. It is only worth being a % if your voice is being expressed.
            Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
              I got the news letter today..was handy for polishing my shoes on after I'd seen all the photos after a certain member here,
              How come in one part of the newsletter RDFRA dispute the claims made re grat in the Dail by Willie O'Dea but in the D RES message, he backs up what Willie O'Dea has said by stating that all parties (including RDFRA) were in agreement with the grat terms?

So now we have two conflicting statements in the same newsletter in relation to grat so what gives?
              ''To go for a drink is one thing. To be driven to it is another''. Michael Collins.

Comment

Definitely no,
                No RDFRA means no union to voice our opinions through.why would we get rid of it??

Comment

The statement by D Res is his statement un edited by RDFRA. RDFRA's comment refuting the
                  Minister's statement in the Dail that they were fully consulted on the Gratuity (in particular the recruit issue) is RDFRAs official line on that.

Comment

I voted no. It's better to have a voice in the wilderness than none at all. The RDFRA needs to be overhauled yes, but disbanded no.
                    Go Mairidís Beo

Comment

could someone put the latest Newsletter up on the RDFRA website please ?
                      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

I did not get the newsletter yet when did they come out

Comment

Arrived in the post here yesterday.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Mine arrived today, by the way no RDFRA means no trade union subscription tax credits (unless you are a member of trade union)

Comment

The RDFRA is not a trade union.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

No but you still get the credit.
                                Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

Working...
                                X