Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it time for RDFRA to pack it in and Disband?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeV
    replied
    There are a number of people at senior levels (in the past anyway) that are also involved with civilian trade unions and RDFRA has organised training in the past with ICTU (I think it was).

A7 is applies to those in RDFRA in negotiations (eg they could be charged with insubordination for example) or at any event.

Unfortually RDFRA is a toothless tiger (as is PDFORRA, RACO, GRA, ASGI, etc(the day there is a "DPM flu" will be a disaster for the DF), IMHO if we were given access to the C&A scheme, practically everything RDFRA look for would (or would have to) be granted. For that reason DOD wouldn't give us access!

But I do think RDFRA needs to publicise our/its plight internally & externally a lot more.

Leave a comment:

• Steyr Fan
    replied
    Everyone here seems to be missing a major point here; the big picture; and that is that the DOD / WOD (& to a large extent PDF) want the RDF to go away. They want the RDFRA to go away. Why do you think there has been uturns on grat - if the powers that be regarded RDFRA as the authorities regard lets say SIPTU or even PDFORRA, would they let them get away with doing uturns? Not a chance.
    But the RDF (represented by RDFRA) are only a bunch of baggers, and will always be a bunch of baggers. Why should we listen to them? How many votes is there for an elected representative?
    There is a pecking order, and RDF is a close to the bottom of the pile as it is possible to be. We must accept this, and do the best we can.
    BUT - I am of the opninion that we should not give in to them - the more they piss us off, the more we stick with it. For a while, I thought the RDFRA should jack it in and call it a day, but NO - just to spite the powers that be - stick it to them. Stand your ground. Fight your corner. Young men & women joining the defence forces need to have a voice. Although the DF is not a democracy, it is made up of people who have rights - rights to proper, contractul pay, and this is being denied to a key section of our members. They need representation.
    I think I am finished, for now.

Leave a comment:

• hptmurphy
    replied
    Would be interesting to see if we got afew trade unionists, people who know how to negotiate to join the RDFRA.

This where the thing seems to fall down that we have no actual leverage and experience in confrontational negotiation is missing.

the guys doing the job have very little experince in negotiating at this level and seem to be in AWE of the DOD,,could be part of the problem

Leave a comment:

• luchi
    replied
    No but you still get the credit.

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    The RDFRA is not a trade union.

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    Mine arrived today, by the way no RDFRA means no trade union subscription tax credits (unless you are a member of trade union)

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    Arrived in the post here yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• goc132
    replied
    I did not get the newsletter yet when did they come out

Leave a comment:

• trellheim
    replied
    could someone put the latest Newsletter up on the RDFRA website please ?

Leave a comment:

• Traumagod
    replied
    I voted no. It's better to have a voice in the wilderness than none at all. The RDFRA needs to be overhauled yes, but disbanded no.

Leave a comment:

• Bravo20
    replied
    The statement by D Res is his statement un edited by RDFRA. RDFRA's comment refuting the
    Minister's statement in the Dail that they were fully consulted on the Gratuity (in particular the recruit issue) is RDFRAs official line on that.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Definitely no,
    No RDFRA means no union to voice our opinions through.why would we get rid of it??

Leave a comment:

• irishmilitaria
    replied
    Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
    I got the news letter today..was handy for polishing my shoes on after I'd seen all the photos after a certain member here,
    How come in one part of the newsletter RDFRA dispute the claims made re grat in the Dail by Willie O'Dea but in the D RES message, he backs up what Willie O'Dea has said by stating that all parties (including RDFRA) were in agreement with the grat terms?

So now we have two conflicting statements in the same newsletter in relation to grat so what gives?

Leave a comment:

• luchi
    replied
    Originally posted by greyfox View Post
    the RDFRA is a Representative body for every one not just those who are willing to get involved in positions within it..................................... i felt in past that me being in the organization helped in some small way by increasing the % of RDFRA members within the RDF............................................... ...............there fore i am entitled to my say positive or negative about the RDFRA ,
    Your sentiment is shared with many others.

It is not necessary for every person to aspire to be a comitee member or have a dedicated post.
    What is needed is that you and other members of your unit give your rep a mandate to work on your behalf. This is only possible by having a meeting, having your speak and deciding as a group what you need and want from your rep. It is only worth being a % if your voice is being expressed.

Leave a comment:

• hptmurphy
    replied
    I got the news letter today..was handy for polishing my shoes on after I'd seen all the photos after a certain member here,

Leave a comment:

Working...
X