Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calls on O Dea to step down after accusations of grossly misleading Dail

Calls on O Flea to resign after accusations of "Grossly misleading Dail"

Calls have been made for Minister of Offence Willie O’ Flea to resign over accusations of grossly misleading Dail Eireann and lying to the Irish people.

While speaking with reporters, leader of the opposition, Mr Andy Kenny called on Minister Willie O Flea to step down. Mr Kenny said that the Minister had brought his position into disrepute and had grossly misled the Dail & the Irish people. He continue by saying the Minister O Dea had no option but to step down but expected that he would not.

Advertisement

During Ministers question time in Dail Eireann on 27th November, Mr Millie Beenihan TD has asked the Minister a question about Army Reserve Gratuities. Minister O Flea stated that an agreement had been reached within the Army on gratuities to be paid to Army Reservists who had completed specific training goals.

However, senior officials in the Reserve Defence Forces Representative Association, RDFRA, revealed that no such agreement existed and accused the Minister of withholding due payment from thousand of young reservists.

A senior official in RDFRA said “An agreement had been worked out between the Army, the Minister and ourselves over a number of months, however the Minister reneged on that agreement and has left many people without payment just before the Christmas Season”.

When asked if further action was being undertaken, the official said “We are advising our members to go after what is rightly theirs and will support them in any measure they wish to take”.

The Minister has been unavailable for comment.

PODGE O LEPROSY
    © 2008 The Ballydung Press
    Last edited by Docman; 8 January 2009, 04:51.

Originally posted by Docman View Post
    Mr Andy Kenny

PODGE O LEPROSY
    :D
    Last edited by Docman; 24 December 2008, 01:58.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead

Comment

Why do I fear this isn't a real news article? It would be nice if the opposition cared that much.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

PODGE O LEPROSY
        © 2008 The Ballydung Press
        I was actually falling for that one until I saw the little gem at the end. :redface:
        Nicely written by the way, there should be a spot in the cosantoir for ya!
        "Where's dos29?"
        "He's Lima Oscar Bravo, Sir"
        "Oh... well.... Ok then!! (:confused:what the hell is that??)"

Comment

If only this was the good working relationship delivered on behalf of long suffering RDFRA members

Comment

This is my opinion of where RDFRA SHOULD be at at the moment - not spouting out fallacies about "Working Relationships" that do not exist.

Comment

This is my opinion of where RDFRA SHOULD be at at the moment - not spouting out fallacies about "Working Relationships" that do not exist.
              If you get the Supreme Overlord in trouble I'll never forgive you

Comment

Working...
              X