Cadets disciplined over protest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cadets disciplined over protest?

Just looking to see if anyone knows anything about this- I’ve been away for the last while and when I returned my Dad mentioned that he had read something in a national paper about Cadets being disciplined about a protest (or something) over the level of physical training they were expected to do. He’s not familiar with the Defence Forces so the story was a bit woolly. Can anyone enlighten me?

Also, belated Happy Christmas and New Year!
    "Why, it appears that we appointed all of our worst generals to command the armies and we appointed all of our best generals to edit the newspapers. I mean, I found by reading a newspaper that these editor generals saw all of the defects plainly from the start but didn't tell me until it was too late. I'm willing to yield my place to these best generals and I'll do my best for the cause by editing a newspaper"
    Gen. Robert E. Lee

I'll ask my mate down there and see what they say.

Comment

Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
      I'll ask my mate down there and see what they say.

I doubt very much this is true.. This wouldn't do a potential Officer's career any good.

Comment

You'd wonder with the "free thinkers" the DF has begun to draw in to the Cadet school these days.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish_Army01 View Post
          I doubt very much this is true.. This wouldn't do a potential Officer's career any good.
          Originally posted by kermit
          If it did happen, it would have been the current Junior class, the Senior class is about to be commissioned, and I can't see them dirtying their bibs this late in their cadetships.
          This would certainly cause a furore if true - imagine the biggest end of a Cadet intake getting
          discharged because of something like this..........
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

To be honest if no-one has seen the newspaper article it probably was a mistake on Dad's part. Time to start looking for a nursing home I reckon!
            "Why, it appears that we appointed all of our worst generals to command the armies and we appointed all of our best generals to edit the newspapers. I mean, I found by reading a newspaper that these editor generals saw all of the defects plainly from the start but didn't tell me until it was too late. I'm willing to yield my place to these best generals and I'll do my best for the cause by editing a newspaper"
            Gen. Robert E. Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
              To be honest if no-one has seen the newspaper article it probably was a mistake on Dad's part. Time to start looking for a nursing home I reckon!

I wouldn't commit daddy yet

Cadet's disciplinary matters are dealt with at high Officer level

they nor the Cadets are going to publicise any wrong doings

a lot of things have happened down there without the papers getting wind of it

and quite rightly so- when did we last hear about shenanigans in INTEL or CIE etc

RACO and the Brotherhood of the Rings are better than Opus Dei for keeping stum

they will only go to the media when they have something to gain from it

ie the luxury accommodation for young Officers
              Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
              Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
              The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
              The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
              The best lack all conviction, while the worst
              Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

any leaks from our curragh friends

Comment

originally posted by hedgehog

a lot of things have happened down there without the papers getting wind of it

and quite rightly so- when did we last hear about shenanigans in INTEL or CIE etc
                  Public servant accountability anyone??????
                  OH YES BOYS.....I'M BACK AND I'M PACKING

Comment

Working...
                  X