Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hptmurphy
    replied
    Please say there is a copy of it on You tube!

Leave a comment:

• REX
    replied
    Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
    Nah anything to do with "gay" is probably 5 Bn.... Or perhaps 2 FAR considering their history with male strippers
    What about "Gorgeous Garry" in the Eastern BTD in the mid to late 90's. He came 3rd in "A Thong For Europe"!!!
    He showed the video while on Stand too in the Brugha one night, I still have nightmares (or should that be flashbacks)
    Legend has it that when the CO told him that he was spending to much time on the stripping and he would have to give up his hobby he said "I couldn't do that, I love the Army"

Leave a comment:

• FougaM
    replied
    Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
    Ah for feck sake

and an arrow pointing twoards the chair so they know they have to sit on this chair

we are talking about SOldiers here- men women and gayboys and girls

trained to kill others

do we have to point every single thing out to them

or is this the new namby pamby Army
    Unfortunately the culture of the Defence Forces does not encourage personnel to take the initiative and make themselves aware of the regulations or anything else for that matter. Going to an orderly room and asking for a copy of the DFRs is more than likely going to create more trouble than its worth as some old orderly room sergeant is likely to think you are up to something. That is if you go to the orderly room at all, most of us avoid it like the plague.

Of course that is assuming you know that there are DFRs to begin with.

But by and large soldiers are not supposed to think for themselves, that what their officers are for, I am not being disrespectful, but that is the way the organisation has been setup, it hasnt changed all that much since 1922.

In the Defence Forces, the grapevine is the main source of information and knowledge is power.

Leave a comment:

• Truck Driver
    replied
    Originally posted by concussion View Post
    Superb. Now to craft a 45 minute powerpoint presentation around this single sentence

Send us a copy when you have it done ! I know a CQMS who would be a most eager
    reader of same...........

Leave a comment:

• fred the red
    replied
    Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
    Nah anything to do with "gay" is probably 5 Bn.... Or perhaps 2 FAR considering their history with male strippers
    Maybe you just havent been properly inducted yet :wink:

Leave a comment:

• Hello Alaska
    replied
    Originally posted by fred the red View Post
    Must be a 2 BTN thing

Leave a comment:

• fred the red
    replied
    Originally posted by golden rivet View Post
    ah yes the old slaps behind the billets.... but the gayboys.. what barracks is that
    Must be a 2 BTN thing

Leave a comment:

• golden rivet
    replied
    ah yes the old slaps behind the billets.... but the gayboys.. what barracks is that

Leave a comment:

• REX
    replied
    Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
    The allowance for the cars is if you buy a new car you are entitled to the Vat refund.
    True but you also are exempt from VRT, so when it comes time to pay the price is usually about 50-60% of what everyone else pays. Those who have a qualifying disability do not have to be the driver, only be in a position where the vehicle will provide for their transport, and the vehicle will be exempt from road tax.

A great benefit of the scheme is that after 2 years you can replace the car, and in effect the new car will be free as the trade-in value of the old car will be higher than the price without VAT or VRT of a new one. A friend of mine uses this scheme as his wife has MS, and every 2 years he can go up a level in the spec. he chooses because of the difference between trade in-value and cost.

Leave a comment:

• concussion
    replied
    you cant diddle

the privates or give them the slaps
    Superb. Now to craft a 45 minute powerpoint presentation around this single sentence

Leave a comment:

• hedgehog
    replied
    DOnt start me on A7

A7 and its OLD implementation is a knee jerk reaction

I ask you, do you need to be reminded every time that you cant diddle

the privates or give them the slaps

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied

Why is A7 (Interpersonal Relationships) explained at great length at the start of every course etc?

Why are there manuals explaining map reading?

Leave a comment:

• fred the red
    replied

I thought it was anyway with the introduction of A7.

Leave a comment:

• hedgehog
    replied
    Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
    No, but personell should at least be told WHERE to find the information, then left to
    their own devices. What if one doesn't have an Internet connection to access the
    relevant stuff online ?

Ah for feck sake

and an arrow pointing twoards the chair so they know they have to sit on this chair

we are talking about SOldiers here- men women and gayboys and girls

trained to kill others

Leave a comment:

• Truck Driver
    replied
    Originally posted by trellheim View Post
    It would perhaps be a good idea to present the New Entrants Handbook to all new joiners with the correct information in it in an initial briefing session, then have a web copy on military.ie continually updated. As an authoritative document it would be very useful
    Indeed - however, the DF are hard stuck to keep the Intranet up to date as it is, at the
    moment...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X