Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mess Dress Help

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mess Dress Help

    Just wondering where it is possible or does any one have a set of artillery collar badges for the mess dress.

  • #2
    Originally posted by RDF View Post
    Just wondering where it is possible or does any one have a set of artillery collar badges for the mess dress.
    Officers Mess uniform does not have Collar Badges (except for chaplains).

    Other Ranks Mess uniform uses the same collar badges as the SD No. 1 uniform.

    Other than that, can't help

    Comment


    • #3
      And a DPM name badge ?
      OK Smith it’s Colonel Decker. I hate it when a plan comes together. You’re surrounded. I want you and Peck and Baracus, to throw out your weapons, all the ration packs you stole and come out with your hands up. You have fifteen seconds.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Docman View Post
        Officers Mess uniform does not have Collar Badges (except for chaplains).

        Other Ranks Mess uniform uses the same collar badges as the SD No. 1 uniform.

        Other than that, can't help

        Cav Corp Officers sometimes where Cav Club collar badges(smaller silver version of SD1 badges) with Mess dress

        Comment


        • #5
          But they are not supposed to

          Comment


          • #6
            Suppose they miss their glengarries, and don't like looking like everyone else.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
              But they are not supposed to
              What he said!

              Comment


              • #8
                is mess dress ever worn now. and I have never seen same in NCO's mess
                enlighten me

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by goc132 View Post
                  is mess dress ever worn now. and I have never seen same in NCO's mess
                  enlighten me
                  Officers wear it semi regularly (more than they wear No1s).

                  Other ranks - well that is up to their particuliar messes.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by goc132 View Post
                    is mess dress ever worn now. and I have never seen same in NCO's mess
                    enlighten me
                    Enlisted ranks mess dress is usually (AFAIR) the SD No 1 uniform with white belt, or
                    sometimes without, white wing tip collar shirt with bow tie, with or without hat
                    (peaker for PDF) depending on the situation.

                    If you have a stash of An Cosantóir magazines, you will see it worn where there
                    is a member of the DF getting married in uniform (which you have to get permission
                    for)
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                      Enlisted ranks mess dress is usually (AFAIR) the SD No 1 uniform with white belt, or
                      sometimes without, white wing tip collar shirt with bow tie, with or without hat
                      (peaker for PDF) depending on the situation.
                      A few mistakes.

                      SD uniform is worn. For Evening Black tie events, a Normal collar white Tuxedo shirt with Black bowtie. Day wear is black tie.
                      For white tie, it is white wing tip collar shirt with white bow tie
                      Outdoors, you wear white belt, white gloves & Peaker along with whatever uniform is appropriate to the formality of the occasion.

                      Uniform applies to PDF & RDF.

                      However, it is common practice to not have certain parts of the uniform (belt, gloves & peaker) as they can be difficult to get and may only be worn once but technically they should be.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Docman View Post
                        A few mistakes.

                        SD uniform is worn. For Evening Black tie events, a Normal collar white Tuxedo shirt with Black bowtie. Day wear is black tie.
                        For white tie, it is white wing tip collar shirt with white bow tie
                        Outdoors, you wear white belt, white gloves & Peaker along with whatever uniform is appropriate to the formality of the occasion.

                        Uniform applies to PDF & RDF.

                        However, it is common practice to not have certain parts of the uniform (belt, gloves & peaker) as they can be difficult to get and may only be worn once but technically they should be.
                        Surely its a Uniform when its issued as a Uniform

                        and as such

                        There is NO issue white shirt- wing tip or other

                        NO issue Black tie

                        therefore if its NOT issued its NOT official wear

                        Mess Dress for enlisted personnel is simply a variant of SD No 2

                        SD Uniform- Khaki Shirt and Tie-
                        NO waist belt
                        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                        Are full of passionate intensity.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                          Surely its a Uniform when its issued as a Uniform
                          :confused::confused::confused:

                          Hedgehog, I'm surprised at you. A uniform is a uniform because everyone wears the same thing - they are uniform. Something being issued or not does not make it a uniform.

                          Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                          There is NO issue white shirt- wing tip or other

                          NO issue Black tie

                          therefore if its NOT issued its NOT official wear

                          Mess Dress for enlisted personnel is simply a variant of SD No 2

                          SD Uniform- Khaki Shirt and Tie-
                          NO waist belt
                          Hedgehog
                          'A' Administrative Instruction Part 9, para 803 (Document is not RESTRICTED)
                          Mess Dress - Army & Air Corps, CS to Pte, male

                          Belt
                          Beret (cap where issued)
                          Gloves
                          Greatcoat
                          Shirt. Plain, White with collar
                          Shoes, Black, Leather, Laced
                          Socks, Black
                          Tie *
                          Trousers
                          Tunic

                          * 1.)Black Bow tie shall be worn at evening functions where formal dress with black tie is indicated
                          2.) Long black tie shall be worn at functions where morning dress is indicated

                          There is no mention of white tie functions - I was assuming it was the same as officers.

                          I also point out that the Officers Mess dress uniform also has several items which are not issued but are still expected to be worn so the precedent is there as well. Officers in Mess Dress have to have a white shirt, black bow tie, long black tie, white gloves etc etc. These are not issue items but they are still expected to have them.

                          I've attached a pic of the relevant page of the Administrative Instruction so you can see for yourself. The AI is old and some things have changed since them (such as DPM) but has not been updated.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Docman; 26 January 2009, 23:46.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X