• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    hptmurphy
    Commander in Chief

• hptmurphy
    replied
    how much of a security check is there for joining the rdf and am i to old at 41
    Thought you would have known this from your previous service ?

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    Tim Horgan

• Goldie fish
    replied
    You are too old.

May I suggest you join the ONE?

Leave a comment:

• R O Shipman
    Corporal

• R O Shipman
    replied
    how much of a security check is there for joining the rdf and am i to old at 41

Leave a comment:

• trellheim
    Lord Chief Bottlewasher

• trellheim
    replied
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• Steyr Fan
    replied
    With all the cutbacks / redundancies ect that this country is blighted with now (& possibly for the forseeable future), there may be less organisations seeking security clearances from the Gardai: will the sec clr process be faster? One of the reasons mooted in the past was that there were so many requests.

Also, with the pausing, postponing or cancelling of recruiting to the PDF (except perhaps Cadets), and as there has been (so far) no stopping recruiting to the RDF,will the issue of clothing to RDF recruits be more efficient?

It's just that when the reasons for delays are no longer in existance, surely the delays should be reduced. Or am I just a grumpy idealist (like Victor Meldrew)?

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    Waiting time in our neck of the woods is currently approx 3 months (when you include Christmas that isn't too bad).

Leave a comment:

• recruitastic
    Recruit

• recruitastic
    replied
    [QUOTE=fred the red;238159]Are you parading with a unit or are you waiting on a phone call to say your clearance is through?

Have you always lived in Ireland?[/QUOTY

Yes I am Irish and I have been parading with the unit. Things are only begining to pick up now, I actually just had my hearing test last week.

Leave a comment:

• hptmurphy
    Commander in Chief

• hptmurphy
    replied
    Its very simple. all the questions asked must be answered, nothing warrants an N/A and reason for not filling it in must be outlined.

everything is relavent and excat details and dates must be filled in. There is no room for ambiguity.

If its not complete its not processed. simple as .

If you are having difficulties you must ask.

the garda clearance section will not enter into debate all they will do is return the form and request its resubmission.

Leave a comment:

• fred the red
    sergeant

• fred the red
    replied
    Originally posted by recruitastic View Post
    I ve waited nearly ten months

Im not as gung ho about the place anymore
    Are you parading with a unit or are you waiting on a phone call to say your clearance is through?

Have you always lived in Ireland?

Leave a comment:

• recruitastic
    Recruit

• recruitastic
    replied
    I ve waited nearly ten months

Im not as gung ho about the place anymore

Leave a comment:

• christophicus
    Recruit

• christophicus
    replied
    Wow, well that tells me alot about my unit. I filled in my application last October, the fella just handed me the form, told me to fill it out, and left the room. He didn't seem to give two ****s what i did, and certainly didn't go through how to fill it out ( eg not "N.A" or anything like that ) . I told him I couldn't be sure when I was living in the different locations that I was living in over the past few years. He said thats no problem, just throw something down

I was told that I got be garda clearance last Dec, which I was pretty happy about, but nothing has happened since then. Hopefully we should be updated in the coming weeks.

Anyway, there should be a clear list of do's and don'ts on the form, which there isn't atm.

Leave a comment:

• irishrgr
    Corporal

• irishrgr
    replied
    Clearances

We deal with a similar issue here, clearances can take a while, sometime 9 months. However, unless you have a job that requires a SECRET or higher (officers, intelligence types, some Signals, etc) a basic recruit entry clearance is fairly straightforward. The recruiting process runs your info through the various local, state and national law enforcement agences, no convictions, no warrants, and you are in.

The other clearance part is tricky and involves filling out a mere 32 page form which wants every detail known to man about your life, where you've lived, worked, trips abroad, the lot. However, despite the complexity of the form, it is only used for research by the individual. Once complete, you are parked in front of a computer and enter all your data and hit "send". If you have filled out something incomplete or in error, it won't let you finish. The info is then all forwaded to the Dept of Defense vetting agency and they do the actual checking etc. A SECRET usually take about 6 months, a TOP SECRET can take almost a year. The more "complex" your life is (i.e. multiple addresses, jobs, foreign residence or relatives, etc) the longer it takes.

In the age of IT, I'm suprised that the Gardai are still using paper forms form something like this, but then, knowing some aspects of the Gardai, I'm not.

Cheers,

A

Leave a comment:

• Truck Driver
    Captain

• Truck Driver
    replied
    As someone mentioned above, maybe there should be liaison between the DF and
    the Gardai to develop a "tac aide" for filling in the forms, the do's and do nots, etc. ?

Especially with the amount of time paperwork gets delayed or returned...

Leave a comment:

• hptmurphy
    Commander in Chief

• hptmurphy
    replied
    Thats pretty much covered the reasons and how not to submitt the form, hopefully all we have adressed will speed it up for someone.

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    Tim Horgan

• Goldie fish
    replied
    Also, if you cross out a part of a form and write N/A accross it, rather than just not completing the relevant box, it will get returned.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X