Qs for the Medics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qs for the Medics

Is a civillian EMT or PARAMEDIC qualification (phecc registered) recognised by the army within the RDF?
    If so, how do you become recognised?
    Thanks.
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Not sure what the story is if you have the qualification before joining (you probably have to do 3* Medic & Ambulance Skills etc courses.

The old EMT (now Paramedic) was - the DF sent personnel to the Dublin Fire Brigade Training Centre/National Ambulance Training School.

Comment

I have never seen anyone qualifications officially recognised

You would need to contact the Director of Medical Corp office

If you want to instruct you would need to have instructor qualifications.

PM me if you need further info.
      I went into an Italian restaurant and ordered dessert and they gave me tiramisu and a blindfolded horse and I said No, I said mask a pony (mascarpone)

Comment

Originally posted by Liachta Cultaca View Post
        I have never seen anyone qualifications officially recognised
        THere are a few on this board that know a NCO of my unit that works for the DFB and has been involved in training of PDFambulance crews. Howeve when asked about transfering to the medics he was told that he would have to do "the army" course before they could recognise his qualifications.

Amazing but true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

Thanks for the feedback lads.
          There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

Originally posted by luchi View Post
            THere are a few on this board that know a NCO of my unit that works for the DFB and has been involved in training of PDFambulance crews. Howeve when asked about transfering to the medics he was told that he would have to do "the army" course before they could recognise his qualifications.

that is nothing new, you always have to do star tests to be army qualified across all tech grades.

Comment

Originally posted by luchi View Post

Thats true. My cousin is cadre in a med coy and he told me that although the army will now recognise EMT/Paramedic qualifications, you cannot transfer into the Meds and take up a position of an EMT in the company without first doing their skills course!

Stupid huh??:confused:
              Go Mairidís Beo

Comment

how do you go about getting the army to recognise the qualification?

Comment

The words blood & stone come to mind!

Comment

Originally posted by dahamster View Post
                    that is nothing new, you always have to do star tests to be army qualified across all tech grades.
                    does it make it any less rediculous.
                    To be "tech graded" having to go to a guy you taught to teach you a course at least 2 levels below the course that you taught him. So that you can then take the test that you have already taken?
                    It is a waste of time and effort.

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                    and terms such as "not in this life".

Ah I think we are just being sinical.

Originally posted by antichrist View Post
                    how do you go about getting the army to recognise the qualification?
                    Simply ask your Pl officer. When they have stopped laughing and picked themselves up off the ground tell them you are serious. They will pass it up the line.
                    Times are changing, especially if you are willing to do intergrated training and overseas. You might prove us old fogies that an old dog can be taught new tricks and that the DF can accept qualifications without inventing barriers.
                    Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                      Hell and freezing and over could be other words that one might use
                      Go Mairidís Beo

Comment

Your answer is in the question,as your are only given one number by PHECC.But you are more than likely to have to do a medic course to do things the army way,not the way we do it out in the big bad world.

Comment

Originally posted by cha the tel View Post
                          Your answer is in the question,as your are only given one number by PHECC.But you are more than likely to have to do a medic course to do things the army way,not the way we do it out in the big bad world.
                          The army Medics are registered by PHECC yes? And so are we, so why cant we be recognised by the green machine as well? 'Civvy' medics work on a daily basis with their skills facing umpteen different situations in every shift so why in God's name would we or should we have to do an army course to learn how to treat sick and injured people??? Do we all of a sudden loose all knowledge the minute we don DPM's,or naval uniforms???

I would understand a 'civvy' medic having to do combat medic training alright, but for everything else, well thats just a joke if you ask me.
                          Go Mairidís Beo

Comment

Originally posted by Traumagod View Post
                            The army Medics are registered by PHECC yes? And so are we, so why cant we be recognised by the green machine as well? 'Civvy' medics work on a daily basis with their skills facing umpteen different situations in every shift so why in God's name would we or should we have to do an army course to learn how to treat sick and injured people??? Do we all of a sudden loose all knowledge the minute we don DPM's,or naval uniforms???

I would understand a 'civvy' medic having to do combat medic training alright, but for everything else, well thats just a joke if you ask me.
                            that is the army way. You cannot change it. Accept it and go with the flow. The same thing happens to pdf people. Thats the joys!

Zen! be the tree!!

Comment

[QUOTE=dahamster;236465]that is the army way. You cannot change it................

Pfft..
                              Go Mairidís Beo

Comment

Working...
                              X