X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeV
    replied
    Originally posted by niallheff View Post
    Are the df courses recognized by the phecc?

Like if i do the ambulance skills course or whatever in the rdf, is it on any basis with the phecc or does it not transfer across?!

Thanks
    The DF is recognised by the PHECC as an auxilary CPG-approved service provider but I'm not sure what courses are recognised.

http://www.phecit.ie/DesktopDefault....ex=0&tabid=462

Leave a comment:

• niallheff
    replied
    Originally posted by boomer View Post
    You can apply to PHECC for recprocity in which they will compare your training to the equivilent grade on the PHECC register. If the training you have completed matchs the PHECC requirements then they will give you a place on the PHECC register.

Be warned there is a lot of to and fro getting paperwork and references etc. My understanding of the Army Ambulance Skills course is that it would not meet the PHECC requirements for EMT level.
    Cheers boomer,

Trying to decide between medics and navy reserve atm! Tough stuff :D

Leave a comment:

• Boomer
    replied
    Originally posted by niallheff View Post

Like if i do the ambulance skills course or whatever in the rdf, is it on any basis with the phecc or does it not transfer across?!

Thanks
    You can apply to PHECC for recprocity in which they will compare your training to the equivilent grade on the PHECC register. If the training you have completed matchs the PHECC requirements then they will give you a place on the PHECC register.

Be warned there is a lot of to and fro getting paperwork and references etc. My understanding of the Army Ambulance Skills course is that it would not meet the PHECC requirements for EMT level.

Leave a comment:

• niallheff
    replied

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Traumagod
    replied
    For anyone who's interested;

http://www.irishambulance.net/ambula...ead.php?t=1490

Leave a comment:

• Traumagod
    replied
    Originally posted by luchi View Post
    Actually its DTrg that will give the answer. They are the ones that ultimately sign off the standards for recognition set by the other Directors.
    His Biro has run out of ink and he cant get a new one til 2010 at the earliest cos of public service budgetary constraints......

Leave a comment:

• luchi
    replied
    Actually its DTrg that will give the answer. They are the ones that ultimately sign off the standards for recognition set by the other Directors.

Leave a comment:

• Liachta Cultaca
    replied
    As I stated before - ring the DMCs office and state your case. They are the only ones that can give you the correct answer

Leave a comment:

• Traumagod
    replied
    [QUOTE=dahamster;236465]that is the army way. You cannot change it................

Pfft..

Leave a comment:

• dahamster
    replied
    Originally posted by Traumagod View Post
    The army Medics are registered by PHECC yes? And so are we, so why cant we be recognised by the green machine as well? 'Civvy' medics work on a daily basis with their skills facing umpteen different situations in every shift so why in God's name would we or should we have to do an army course to learn how to treat sick and injured people??? Do we all of a sudden loose all knowledge the minute we don DPM's,or naval uniforms???

I would understand a 'civvy' medic having to do combat medic training alright, but for everything else, well thats just a joke if you ask me.
    that is the army way. You cannot change it. Accept it and go with the flow. The same thing happens to pdf people. Thats the joys!

Zen! be the tree!!

Leave a comment:

• Traumagod
    replied
    Originally posted by cha the tel View Post
    Your answer is in the question,as your are only given one number by PHECC.But you are more than likely to have to do a medic course to do things the army way,not the way we do it out in the big bad world.
    The army Medics are registered by PHECC yes? And so are we, so why cant we be recognised by the green machine as well? 'Civvy' medics work on a daily basis with their skills facing umpteen different situations in every shift so why in God's name would we or should we have to do an army course to learn how to treat sick and injured people??? Do we all of a sudden loose all knowledge the minute we don DPM's,or naval uniforms???

I would understand a 'civvy' medic having to do combat medic training alright, but for everything else, well thats just a joke if you ask me.

Leave a comment:

• cha the tel
    replied
    Your answer is in the question,as your are only given one number by PHECC.But you are more than likely to have to do a medic course to do things the army way,not the way we do it out in the big bad world.

Leave a comment:

• Traumagod
    replied
    Originally posted by DeV View Post
    The words blood & stone come to mind!
    Hell and freezing and over could be other words that one might use

Leave a comment:

• luchi
    replied
    Originally posted by dahamster View Post
    that is nothing new, you always have to do star tests to be army qualified across all tech grades.
    does it make it any less rediculous.
    To be "tech graded" having to go to a guy you taught to teach you a course at least 2 levels below the course that you taught him. So that you can then take the test that you have already taken?
    It is a waste of time and effort.

Originally posted by DeV View Post
    and terms such as "not in this life".

Ah I think we are just being sinical.

Originally posted by antichrist View Post
    how do you go about getting the army to recognise the qualification?
    Simply ask your Pl officer. When they have stopped laughing and picked themselves up off the ground tell them you are serious. They will pass it up the line.
    Times are changing, especially if you are willing to do intergrated training and overseas. You might prove us old fogies that an old dog can be taught new tricks and that the DF can accept qualifications without inventing barriers.

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X